1/48 Roden/Eduard Gloster Gladiator

Hi everyone been slowly getting on with a Roden/Eduard Gladiator. Would have been quicker if I did not keep stopping to design parts for it haha. Anyway hope you like progress so far. I have used the kits Eduard PE plus the Eduard stand-alone PE plus my AIMS PE bracing wire set and SBS engine.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed using Mr Paint Silver as well as Alclad Jet exhaust followed by Pale burnt metal on the collector ring. A few washes really brings out the amazing detail on the SBS engine and cowl.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5

Are you  building an export Gladiator or a RAF aircraft? Its just that the instrument panels were different  The RAF aircraft had the six instrument blind flying panel as standard, the one in your kit looks like the export type.

Selwyn

• Like 1

Hi Selwyn, I am building a MK 1 RAF bird and was under the impression from the kit instructions that the instrument panel was correct for any Mk 1 without the filter underneath the engine. Is this not correct?

• Like 1

In case you ever wondered - the Eduard masks in the the Eduard/Roden Gloster Gladiator kit fit the Rob Taurus vac form canopies to perfection - a necessary purchase and fir when you look at the quality of the Roden clear part!

spacer.png

Edited by Aims
  • Like 1

This is a great job.  I built the Roden 1/48 Sea Gladiator kit and TBH it spent two years in the corner of shame before it got finished.  I found it quite mojo sapping.  Yours is much better, great job..

• Like 2

Hi Grey many thanks for your kindness and yes I completely agree - this kit is a labour of love and exhausting. I have never had so much tidying up to do on a modern- ish kit but I have benefited by having more after-market products available since your build - both from myself (AIMS) and SBS. I have the Merit kit also which is built more like a tank in comparison to this kit. but it has it's own problems also as do most kits. Mine has been on the go 1 year at least but that is mostly due to stopping to design products for it rather than wanting to walk away. Airfix Hawker sea Fury next - much easier!

Edited by Aims
  • Like 3

Decals On - that is one of the biggest stress moments over with - no mistakes or damage thank the Lord. Also go the base colours on a pilot figure from ICM and his dog. The ICM set is fantastic value for money with a great selection of poses and much more in the box than the cover indicates with a tool bench and gas canister trolley and much more - well worth it!. The Eduard decals went on very well and bedded down nicely with Gunze Sanjo Mr Mark Softener and setter.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1