1/35 Dragon - Flammpanzer III F

Hello All, 

I thought I would start my first post in this section to make sure that I can upload pictures successfully and to show you some of the models I have built before I joined this site.

This is my first attempt at airbrushing and weathering of a model since coming back to the hobby seriously a few years ago. The model is a Cyber-Hobby (Dragon) value kit of a Flammpanzer III F-1 from the 18th Panzer Division on the Eastern Front in 1943. The model was built out of the box with no after market extras added. The airbrush I use is a Paasche H single action and the paints used were Vallejo Model Air and Tamiya 

The first three photos show the tank painted with the two camouflage colours which are Dark Yellow and Cam. Green

dcfd4d78-0267-4a32-a193-5411c66d4dc4.JPG

dca1c176-1e78-43f2-9c25-0a7bf874f234.JPG

After these coats were sealed with Tamiya Flat Clear the wheels, tracks etc were added and the weathering was done with artists oils and pastels thinned with turps for the pin wash and pastels on the tracks and wheels, the scratches were done with fine brush and sponge.

As I am not sure how many pictures I can add in each post I will post the pic's of the finished model in the next post.

• Like 1

Here are the rest of the pictures😀.

77b2eceb-c068-4415-922d-026306d415e9.JPG

5c1b3967-64ae-48c5-adf3-cc8ea87f350e.JPG

68ec54a6-d4ea-4992-8899-ebbd2e4f9825.JPG

68d51dc5-9c58-4edd-9fd6-ad611bdb1153.JPG

1ec58829-59a6-407b-a5d8-cd3d20c29f38.JPG

I have some more pictures if anyone wants to see some more. 

Any comments gratefully accepted.

Cheers Jeff

• Like 9

Nice one Jeff.

Given current of recent Dragon and Tamiya mould releases in AU these days. those Cyber-Hobby Orange Box are super value and as you demonstrate, scrub up very nicely OOTB. Some with scale accuracy better than others require only minor work to improve overall fidelity but were nevertheless, very good for the day and stand up well enough today. e.g. Stug IIIb. I have an Orange Box PzKpfw III (E/F) along with a tonne of much more expensive Smart Kits. Although they've improved the III's detail in later releases, the old release still stands up well enough for me to get enjoyment from looking at on shelf display and is incredible value buying with the Dragon Figure set included.

Thanks Biggles,

You are right the Orange Box kits were very well detailed compared with other kits in the same price range and were great value for money although they are hard to find these days and the variety of kits is limited. I still have the figures that came with the kit and may do a small diorama at some stage. I also built the Sk.dfz. 165 Hummel by Cyber-Hobby which I will post in this section soon.

Cheers Jeff.