1/48 Tamiya 32597 Next Release Panther D

SleeperService

Answering many a model-makers prayers it seems that Tamiya will be releasing a Panther D as the next release. Listed HERE  and on the 1/48 Armor Modelling FB page.

I suspect it will retain the later style roadwheels and tracks from the Ausf G but I really hope not. It would be good to see a correct idler this time too :pray: (the one in the current kits is the size of the early type but detailed as the larger, later, self-cleaning one :( ).  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Didn't the Ausf D have 16 bolt roadwheels vs. 24 in later A and G types? Thus Tamiya should rework those too, and as it is Tamiya... I expect that to happen too :yahoo:

You are quite right, 16 bolts, then 16 bolts and 16 rivets, then 24 bolts. Speculation elsewhere is that the stores have copy and pasted older information I hope that is what has happened.

I claim bragging rights for this as I'm half-way through modifying a set of 'G' wheels to 'D' spec.

spacer.png

After this was taken I attended to the misplaced bolts :D This will finish my Grandt Line stock which is a relief as the reject rate on them was getting silly. Masterclub and Tichy trains only for this fruit case now!   

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 11:37 AM, Calum said:

Pity it wasn't something more interesting like a M3 , chieftain T-55 (anything but a WW II German subject actually : D ) 

At least it's a new 1/48 kit. I've always maintained that any company breaking into a new AFV/vehicle market should just copy the Airfix range from the 60s. Doubly so if in the UK....

Fortunately we have Kengi and Tank Mania to give you 2 out of the three in resin.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, SleeperService said:

At least it's a new 1/48 kit. I've always maintained that any company breaking into a new AFV/vehicle market should just copy the Airfix range from the 60s. Doubly so if in the UK....

Fortunately we have Kengi and Tank Mania to give you 2 out of the three in resin.

True enough about it being a a new 1/48 armour  Kit. Tamiya have been pretty prolific with 48 scale armour (Thankfully) . As for the resin kits I jsut can't justify the expensive despit how nice the Tamkmania stuff is

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an official Tamiya image from here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2557342584296828&set=gm.2862872813740557&type=3&eid=ARAAXenWveidFUEwJ1BGItDh0Jq47Se_9S_47UUXPg2oK1H0MzQNXW0t_-Fl3SX34JZ8Jh1g6dQzMCPk&ifg=1

spacer.png

Me doubts above seem unfounded as the roadwheels and idler seem to have been addressed and likely the tracks. So with the JagdPanther, and Ausf G we can now make any Panther we wish. Colour me happy.