“A PAPER DOLL” Tamiya 1/35 M4A3E8 Easy Eight Sherman.

This is my attempt at Tamiya’s 1/35 scale Easy Eight Sherman. It was primed and painted with Vallejo paints. Oils, Enamels and pigments from Mig, Ak, and 501 was used for the washes and weathering effects. Also tried life colour liquid pigments for rain and dust. The decals are a set from Star decals and the figure is from Alpine.

No drama with the build. A great Tamiya kit only the rubber tracks was my only negative. It’s a fairly live track anyway but still needed some glue and sponge to get it to lay on the upper return rollers. Thanks for looking.

48411922566_4006763dfd_b.jpg

48412069702_d0e2215d0e_b.jpg

48412069657_d9e265c31c_b.jpg

48412069637_29ff593c09_b.jpg

48412069562_0488e272dd_b.jpg

48411922366_a87df5e4e8_b.jpg

• Like 19

I do love Tamiya's Easy Eight.  A 'perfect' kit with no issues at all and so easy to build - unless one decides to apply additional armour glacis and turret cheek plates!

You've done a fantastic job with the painting and weathering; lovely tonal/colour variation with the OD, realistic dust/grime/mud and streaks. Superb figure painting, 'nice' face, fantastic hands, uniform and a super-fantastic MG.

Two minor things I'd fix: I'd definitely add a long wibbly-wobbly aerial or two, and I'd straighten the figure up as he's leaning backwards a bit.

Other than that, it's pretty much a perfect Sherman, a perfect Figure and a smart complimentary base..

Rearguards

Badder

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Badder said:

I do love Tamiya's Easy Eight.  A 'perfect' kit with no issues at all and so easy to build - unless one decides to apply additional armour glacis and turret cheek plates!

You've done a fantastic job with the painting and weathering; lovely tonal/colour variation with the OD, realistic dust/grime/mud and streaks. Superb figure painting, 'nice' face, fantastic hands, uniform and a super-fantastic MG.

Two minor things I'd fix: I'd definitely add a long wibbly-wobbly aerial or two, and I'd straighten the figure up as he's leaning backwards a bit.

Other than that, it's pretty much a perfect Sherman, a perfect Figure and a smart complimentary base..

Rearguards

Badder

Thanks Badder for the kind comments. Yeah I will look at sorting the antenna out. If the film Fury is anything to go by they was larger than a 2m whip on the real things. As for the figure I need to peg his other foot in. Thanks again. 

• Like 1