1969 Saturn V rocket/ Apollo 11

10 hours ago, Arniec said:

Yes, I can't wait. The only downside is that I need to get the tape into the groves. I hope I manage that.

Sounds like a bit of a chore, however do it slowly over time and the rewards will be be gratifying.

Cheers.. Dave 

I finished a 1/72 SV earlier in the year.  As a tip for masking the S-1C stringers, I cut evergreen plastic strip into short lengths which I then placed between the stringers to help plug the gaps, before placing tape along the demarcation line.  While some touch-up was needed, it saved a lot more.

Regards

Tim

• Like 2

On 25 september 2019 at 8:33 PM, TimB said:

I finished a 1/72 SV earlier in the year.  As a tip for masking the S-1C stringers, I cut evergreen plastic strip into short lengths which I then placed between the stringers to help plug the gaps, before placing tape along the demarcation line.  While some touch-up was needed, it saved a lot more.

Regards

Tim

That is a great tip Tim. Thanks.:thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

That’s sad news Arnold. Unfortunately these issues do occur and we all know how frustrating it can be. Best to try and recover it over time without any date deadline pressures in the back of your mind. We’ll look forward to a RFI when ready. 

Cheers and thanks for taking part... Dave 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

This model has been on the back burner for a while. I saw the model standing last friday and thought about finishing it. 

I have been working on it this weekend and I am now in the stage that the decals are almost done. I hope to finish it of tomorrow. 

I will try to take some pictures for the Finished models section.

Cheers,

• Like 1

That would be great Arnold. I’m afraid both my proposed builds from this (my) GB failed, so it will be nice to see this 1969 inspired Saturn V progressed to completion. 
Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1