Fpl 53 Svenska arméflyget

Hi guys.

I want to show you my latest finished build. It´s the Special Hobby Do 27 in 1:72 scale, a realy nice and well made kit.

My modell shows the swedish version, Fpl 53, a Do 27A-4. Sweden got five Fpl 53 delivered in 1962. Three of them were lost in accidents, the remaining two were retired in 1991.

36372660et.jpg

The fitting of the kit is nearly perfect and the details are very nice. I only added the seatbelts and some foil for the cabin lagging. The steps from the kit, the exhaust pipes and some antennas were also replaced.

The modell is painted with Gunze H309, decals came from different aftermarket sheets.

36372642il.jpg

36372645ql.jpg

36372646qs.jpg

36372647zf.jpg

36372648ia.jpg

36372650ak.jpg

36372651rs.jpg

36372652rf.jpg

36372653mv.jpg

36372654ma.jpg

36372655bw.jpg

36372656xb.jpg

36372657vo.jpg

36372658gr.jpg

36372659dv.jpg

I hope you like the little Swede.

Daniel

• Like 20

Beautiful little model with superb detailing and finish! The display looks very good as well in its simplicity.

It was interesting to read in Wikipedia that the third accident involving the "Doan", as it was nicknamed in Swedish, was due to a parachutist accidentally opening his chute in the plane, which became unmanoevrable and crashed, killing the pilot. Perhaps that is also what happened to the crash of the GippsAero GA8 Airvan in Umeå, Sweden, a couple of weeks ago, which killed eight skydivers and the pilot.

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hello Al,

Thanks for sharing this little gem with us. It looks fantastic.

Special Hobby is on the right track and more in on the way.

Regards, Orion

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Thanks for your kind words, I´m glad you like this little exotic one.

On 29/07/2019 at 23:09, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful little model with superb detailing and finish! The display looks very good as well in its simplicity.

It was interesting to read in Wikipedia that the third accident involving the "Doan", as it was nicknamed in Swedish, was due to a parachutist accidentally opening his chute in the plane, which became unmanoevrable and crashed, killing the pilot. Perhaps that is also what happened to the crash of the GippsAero GA8 Airvan in Umeå, Sweden, a couple of weeks ago, which killed eight skydivers and the pilot.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Yes, I also read about it. The parachutist on the Fpl 53 got the luck to survive, saddly on the GA8 no one made it out.

On 30/07/2019 at 16:30, Orion said:

Hello Al,

Thanks for sharing this little gem with us. It looks fantastic.

Special Hobby is on the right track and more in on the way.

Regards, Orion

I agree, Special Hobby is on a very good way, their kits getting better and better and the got some very interesting aircraft typs in their portfolio.