15 hours ago, Joel Abery said:

Hope you're yamaha DT-1 is going well, would love to see a picture or 2

Don't have a build thread yet but will create one in the coming days.

Edited by dbostream
  • Like 1

spacer.pngsprayed the swinging arm last night with mig-ammo silver mixed with a little tamiya gloss and thinners ready for top coat of mig-ammo satin black so I can simply use a small amount of water to weather parts 

spacer.pngstarted the weathering. If you do use my way of using water based top coat and then use water with a brush to weather remember the top coat as here is black is waterbased so as you are working away you may be actually painting it back over what you are doing so be gentle and always wipe your brush and the part you are doing or you may go to far

• Like 1

spacer.pngexhaust sprayed ready for a bit of strategic rubbing down. I must get anything better to hold my work pieces lol. If anyone wants to know I am trying to copy the works bike this kit is based on riden by Hakan Andersson which is why I've not stuck to the tamiya paint call outs and taken the seem off the exhaust pipe. Also the way I intend to make it overall is based on pictures I found of the bike on the Internet 

spacer.pngswinging arm fitted along with the exhaust, you can't see it but the exhaust was painted ammo silver then satin black, rubbed down to weather and then airbrushed again with tamiya smoke really thinned in different places over and over again to get it how I depicted the only picture I have of Hakans 1973 world motocross factory bike to be

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.pngfitted the right side foot peg,only taken about 2 hours mucking around with how I liked the wear and tear. Still got the left side to look forward to lol but I want it in my mind to be the best build I've done or at least the build I've put my most into because of my love of motocross and you don't often get to make a model of something so close to what you had as a kid, my case a 1980 yamaha 50cc

• Like 2

spacer.pngmy brothers 1978 400cc yamaha rebuild. Note how much the frame has changed to house the rear suspension from the 1973 bike we are modelling 

Edited by Joel Abery

spacer.pngforks are in, the rubber covers look shabby, maybe shorter? Let me know ideas please. Don't do like I did,in the top fork yoke there is a little rim, leave it as its there to stop the forks from rising to far,i removed mine but it doesn't make to much difference, just thought I would let you know 

• Like 1

spacer.pngyeehaa the chain on, its been dry fitted and all seems fine so a little mig-ammo grime will seal the deal with that little model in it's own right. Had to file away at the front sprocket but no big deal(having said that I'm a toolmaker and have small drills and files everywhere, until I want the 1 I want lol) she is really coming on now and becoming my favourite build 

• Like 2

I am going to try to make her looked raced, never tried pigments so that will be a first for me. May just see how dirt from the garden looks. I've been looking at write ups in magazines and may even try some sort of mud splashing that I've seen on rally car models. 

Superb build! Reminds when I used to go to MX a number of years ago and seeing these race! To add the mud/sand I use acrylics on the tyres/frame as enamels on tyres doesn't dry just goes horribly sticky. I spray them onto a plastic yogurt lid and brush on.

• Thanks 1

spacer.pngbottom end of the forks out as I have some work to do on them but wanted to show lightning decal on the tank lol. This really is my favourite build and is testing my skills with everything new I try. Thanks for the support my friends. 

Joel 

• Like 4