1976- H builds “Tyrrell P34 Japan GP” (what Murray said) FINISHED

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Honestly H, every photo update on this Tyrell is almost making me want one! That’s looking gorgeous. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, you may not feel the same when you start building it if you have the issues I have had. 

• Like 1

The legendary F1 Commentator Murray Walker once said "I don't want to tempt fate but Damon Hill is now only half a lap from his first Grand Prix win and..and HE'S SLOWING DOWN, DAMON HILL IS SLOWING DOWN..HE'S..HE'S STOPPED."

chassis now joined to body work, decaling the crash helmet and dash. 

• Like 5

Saw that helmet on TV the other week when Ferrari invited Jody back to Monza to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his 1979 World Championship. He still looks quite fit for an ageing bugger and it was a nice back story that went with some great footage. Poor Damon Hill, although I'm sure he wasn't the only driver to be jinxed by Murray's legendary comments. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

The legendary F1 Commentator Murray Walker once said “Stop the startwatch” and “ There is the man wearing the green flag”

I have crossed the finishing line 🏁

49E03893-8ECD-4873-AEA9-32B455BCF6F5

Big thanks to @Rabbit Leader for hosting, and all you BM’s for the kind comments & joining in with the Murrayisms. 

More photos in the gallery.

Im up for the “In the year you were conceived” build :rofl:

The legendary F1 commentator Murray Walker once said as Damon Hill crossed the finishing line in Suzuka 1996 to become World Champion “And I’ve got to stop, as I have a lump in my throat”

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Well done on another superb build buddy, it looks fantastic and at least it doesn't have a halo to obstruct the view. :winkgrin:

Cheers dude, glad it’s finished. For a Tamiya kit, the fit wasn’t great. Going back to things with wings for a rest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Probably one of the best and entertaining WIP’s I’ve come across H.... very well done she’s turned out beautifully and if I was ever to be shrunk down to scale I’d want to don Jodi’s helmet and go for a quick spin. She’s turned out very well and you can now look back on it and reflect on the great year that you were born. 

Cheers, thanks for taking part and wonderfully modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:01 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Probably one of the best and entertaining WIP’s I’ve come across H.... very well done she’s turned out beautifully and if I was ever to be shrunk down to scale I’d want to don Jodi’s helmet and go for a quick spin. She’s turned out very well and you can now look back on it and reflect on the great year that you were born. 

Cheers, thanks for taking part and wonderfully modelled.. Dave 

Nice one Dave, I have enjoyed researching the Murryisms as much as the build. 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:35 AM, Hewy said:

A smashing job H ,

Cheers Glynn, still not up to your Sea King, it’s about time for your egg build :whistle:

16 hours ago, Colin W said:

An excellent build and a very entertaining WIP. Enjoyed it a lot. 

Colin 

Thanks Colin. 

The legendary F1 commentator Murray Walker once said "And Edson Arantes di Nascimento, commonly known to us as Pele, hands the award to Damon Hill, commonly known to us as Damon Hill."

• Haha 3