Blu Tack and brush painting

Pinda91CZ

Hi guys

It's very possible some one already asked this. 

I'm about to paint my 1:48 Spit mk Va. In past I had issues with tamiya tapes as I'm using acrylics. There was under bleed and chipped paint on its edges. 

I heard about blue tack. Does it work alright with acrylics? I got Vallejo and I do brush painting for now. 

I tried doing camo by hand and, well, what a heck.. NO, didn't work out  :D

So I want to try this blue tack technique hopping for much better results than ever before :)

thanks guys

Vojta

To be honest I've only known people using blu-tack masking with airbrushing.  Blu-tack would form an even bigger dam to paint than tape.  

Setting out the tack is a bit of a pain too, especially as you have to set the sausages inside the masked area (well it gives me a bit of a headache), I think you'd be best off practicing free hand painting of the camouflage, and just use tape for any straight demarcation.  If you get a slight raised edge at the tape, I've had some success rubbing it down very gently with wet-and-dry.

Give the Blu Tack a miss.Brush painting camouflage patterns is much easier when there is nothing to obstruct the brush.Should you feel the need to mark out the pattern before paint a thin pencil line will be useful but will show through when using thin paint.

Oh by the way,if no one else has said this :post1:.

PPS. Here's my Airfix one,hairy sticked,from a few moons ago https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234931488-airfix-spitfire-va-in-148th-scale/&tab=comments#comment-1194004

Edited by Alex Gordon