Monogram 1/48 Bell AH-1S Cobra

This model was built around 1994 or 95, if I recall correctly.  It was photographed for the very first time in August 2014. It’s the old Monogram kit from 1986 and mine is painted in Israeli livery. It’s pretty much OOB but I did add a bit of screening to the turbine vents and made a couple sets of map that are stowed beside the seats.  This kit suffered the only damage in transit to the airport out of five different aircraft traveling that hot day. The rotor is not attached and it fell off and knocked the cable cutter off the top of the cockpit 🤦‍♂️, easily seen in these pics. Oh well, the photo shoot must go on!

The locale is the Coffield Regional Airport in Rockdale, Texas.   H.H. Coffield was a local millionaire who owned a bunch of vintage WWII-era planes at one time, stored there at the airport in Rockdale.   When he passed, the airport was bequeathed to the city of Rockdale, about 20 miles from my hometown of Cameron.  The old hangar in these pics dates back to WWII, so I’m told. Thanks for taking a look and thanks for your comments on this old model.

sbfromfrontcloseupgoodrunway.jpg

sbfrontcloseup.jpg

sbfullbetter.jpg

portmidclosegood.jpg

portcloseupturbine.jpg

portupperviewcockpitgood.jpg

portmiddlecloseup.jpg

sbfrontrunway.jpg

overhead2.jpg

overhead1.jpg

portmiddlecloseup2.jpg

portcockpitcloseupmaps.jpg

sbcockpitcloseupmaps.jpg

sbmiddlecloseup.jpg

sbfront1.jpg

frontsb1.jpg

front1.jpg

portfromfront.jpg

portfrontcloseup.jpg

• Like 20

Very nice Gary,

good to see a helicopter for a change. Again I am impressed by these older kits when they turn out as well as this one. 

Great  work 😃

Cheers Greg 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Very nice Gary,

good to see a helicopter for a change. Again I am impressed by these older kits when they turn out as well as this one

Great  work 😃

Cheers Greg 

Thank you so much Greg!  😀 And I still have others yet to show...🤦‍♂️   Much appreciated! 

4 hours ago, whiskey said:

Cobras rule!

Gotta love a Cobra!  I think they look good in sand color.  🙂

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

Something different Gary. You made a good job of that one. I exhausted looks very well done.

Thanks my friend! 🍨  Yeah, it's one of only two helos in my cabinet so far.  The other is the Monogram (lol, what else?) Apache in 1/48.  It has never been to the airport...yet. 😉

• Like 1

Hello Gary,

Monogram, always good. even today.

You turned it into a very respectable IDF chopper.

Regards, Orion

• Like 1