Spangdahlem F-16C

Kit - Tamiya

Paint - (Interior & load-out) Humbrol & Xtracolour enamels. (Exterior) Tamiya acrylics mixed-by-eye.

Decals - Superscale & Afterburner

Extras - Eduard 'Zoom' interior set, Tamiya 'Detail Up' pitot, Hasegawa AIM-9 & Instrument Pod.

General Dynamics / Lockheed Martin F-16C-50 Fighting Falcon 

Assigned to Brg Gen. Donald J. Hoffman 

52nd Fighter Wing

Spangdahlem 2002/03

u3dSJVZ.jpg

7eLyd8S.jpg

JPl6UaN.jpg

aijl2CJ.jpg

UC63mUs.jpg

O6AH3Jy.jpg

Fxo6cH3.jpg

RDPtujm.jpg

cWpIGNy.jpg

Until recently I'd not built an F-16 in any scale for over twenty years, now there's two !!. Not quite a 'shake'n bake' as some thought and attention to the construction sequence is definitely needed. That said all fits very well as we've come to expect... well except the decals - mine shattered into atom-sized pieces as soon as they hit the water, but I was only ever going to use the stencils for the drop tanks. I found some spare in the stash so just got on with it. Eduard Zoom set was a delight to fit and makes a shed-load of difference in my opinion. 

Faded and battered paint is not typical for a 'Wing King' but I've chosen to show this aircraft soon after it's operational deployment to Iraq & Afghanistan, not sure about the historical provenance but I really like the way it looks - hope folks here do too. If anyone is interested, the WiP is here:

Next I'll be finishing an IL2, then... who knows.... Feel free to hurl abuse, comment or ask a question.

Best from NZ.

Ian.

• Like 16