Welcome to the "In the Year I was born" GB (Rules & Guidance)

We all remember the year we were born, right?

Those that said ‘Yes” all now qualify to join in on the fun that this Group Build promises to deliver.

Enzo has kindly granted us the period from Saturday 03 August to Sunday 24 November to start a WIP thread, post your updates and get a model of your choice into the GB Gallery – that’s 112 valuable days of modelling happiness to celebrate the most important year of your life.

The rules are fairly straight forward; however it’s best to list them here so that everyone is singing from the same page.

What’s Eligible

1.  Any model kit subject that you can link back to your year of birth (e.g. 1969 - Apollo 11, Jackie Stewart’s Matra-Ford F1 car)

2.  Model kits that were produced / released in your year of birth (e.g. 1958 - original Airfix Lancaster) The "Scalemates" website may help you, however please look carefully.

3.  A subject that traces its first flight, entered service, was launched or started being built in said year.  

4.  This GB is open to all modelling subjects and multiple year entries are definitely accepted, if you can link it, you can build it!

5.  The standard 25% previously started rules apply as is common with all other BM GB’s

6.  All members must have fun and enjoy the thrill of group modelling on a worldwide scale.

7.  International Banter is allowed / encouraged especially during the Ashes series (Sandpaper jokes aside).

A note on Thread Titles –

May I ask that each new thread title start with the year in question. This has a few benefits (a), it allows the hosts to track your builds easily and (b). makes them stand out from all the thousands of posts that BM generates.

(e.g. 1970 – RAAF’s Front Line Interceptor – Dassault (GAF) Mirage IIIO).

I will also be tracking a chronological GB Built List which will have links to each members WIP threads. If I happen to miss one over time, please send me a quick note and I'll adjust it as soon as I can. 

I hope you all enjoy what’s on offer here and decide to get on board. Please feel free to drop myself or @Sabre_days a line should you need assistance or clarification. We are all struggling time poor modellers who wish we could model all day long, however as that’s not the case, just tackle something that you think you’ll be able to finish and have a tonne of fun doing so.

Cheers, thanks and a very warm welcome… Dave

• Like 5