VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE 1966 RUST!!!!

Very nicely done, the only thing that stands out a bit 'off' is the aerial, but what a realistic finish this is. You can just see it in the disregarded corner of a factory lot or farm somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done!

I quite like the many variations of damage and wear you've been able to demonstrate. :thumbsup:

One of those, in a little better shape, got me through college. It was truly the perfect student vehicle: economical on gas, readily available parts at the junkyard, easy to repair. The one downside was so little heat that I was scraping frost on the inside glass during a particularly bad blizzard.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I love this!  Looks great. What was your technique/do you have a wip thread? 

I plan to do something the same. I have a 1:32 Revell vw beetle kit primed up and ready to go once I've practiced the effect a bit. 

• Thanks 1

Smart!  Exactly the same colour  as the one I had ( less all that rust of course) What did you use for the main body colour?

My one was prone to have cr*****y brakes! They used to sieze, particularly the front ones No matter what I tried they never worked right, new cylinders brake lines, bleeding them the lot ... Also the fuel float used to stick and gave me false readings as I often ran out of petrol.  The heating duct on one side was missing so it froze on the inside of the windscreen in winter..... basically it was a heap but I liked it. Ended up being carted away to the local breakers yard.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Smart!  Exactly the same colour  as the one I had ( less all that rust of course) What did you use for the main body colour?

My one was prone to have cr*****y brakes! They used to sieze, particularly the front ones No matter what I tried they never worked right, new cylinders brake lines, bleeding them the lot ... Also the fuel float used to stick and gave me false readings as I often ran out of petrol.  The heating duct on one side was missing so it froze on the inside of the windscreen in winter..... basically it was a heap but I liked it. Ended up being carted away to the local breakers yard.....

Thanks Paul

Vallejo RLM 65.

• 2 weeks later...