Hannover

Viking

7 hours ago, wmcgill said:

What's the difference?

Well, not so many differences, it's got a little smaller, narrower fuselage and a bit shorter wingspan, as far as I know. But that's not why I am „waiting“ for a Cl.IIIa. I like the late-war colour-schemes, that is why!

This is a good release as I missed it first time around. I have always liked the Hannover since I made the 1/72 Airfix kit back in medieval times.  The lozenge camouflage confused me and so I made up my own colours.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

This is a good release as I missed it first time around. I have always liked the Hannover since I made the 1/72 Airfix kit back in medieval times.  The lozenge camouflage confused me and so I made up my own colours.  

Snap! That and the Airfix Roland that I painted bright blue because I didn't know how to mix the paints to make it lighter (I was only 7!).

Duncan B

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Snap! That and the Airfix Roland that I painted bright blue because I didn't know how to mix the paints to make it lighter (I was only 7!).

Duncan B

I made the Roland too, I used a very light blue Matt humbrol enamel that had gone thick in the tin. I applied the paint with the paint brush only to get what can only be described as a rough plaster finish. I might not do that on my Wingnuts version 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Bear Paw said:

I made the Roland too, I used a very light blue Matt humbrol enamel that had gone thick in the tin. I applied the paint with the paint brush only to get what can only be described as a rough plaster finish. I might not do that on my Wingnuts version 😏

Painted? Really? I just left it in the pale blue plastic finish! It was fine if you weren't bothered about joint lines. I do remember it had the best pilot an observer figures I'd ever seen - remember the usual distorted aliens you used to get with older kits like the RE8 and Camel?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

Painted? Really? I just left it in the pale blue plastic finish! It was fine if you weren't bothered about joint lines. I do remember it had the best pilot an observer figures I'd ever seen - remember the usual distorted aliens you used to get with older kits like the RE8 and Camel?

Oh yes I remember the crew, one standing and one sitting if I remember correctly?   Very realistic and as good as the HP 0/400 crew.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 12:26 PM, wmcgill said:

What's the difference?

IIRC the "a" in CLIIIa indicated that it had the Argus engine, rather than the Mercedes of earlier models. Others will no doubt know more.

Richard in NZ

I just saw the announcement on the website of Wingnut. Very happy with this as i too missed their earlier "late" version and they are now so expensive if/when they are offered for sale on Ebay!

This one is definately going on my list.