Tirpitz Raid Lancaster NF920 KC-E "Easy Elsie"

Hoops

Good Evening,

I'm much more of a Cold War/Modern aircraft modeller, but a good friend of mine from Sweden wants to build the aforementioned aircraft. He visited the site where it lays in the bogs of northern Sweden and has the Hasegawa "Special Missions" boxing of their Lancaster kit.

It was damaged during the Tirpitz raid and the crew made a forced landing in Sweden where all survived. They torched the aircraft as best they could, but the remains of the Lancaster are there to this day.

The difficulty is the decals, I can do up the artwork but would need references to base it on. After sitting out for decades, and the crews attempts to destroy the aircraft there is not too much to go on for the nose art. Internet searches just come up with recent photos. Are there any books out there, or archive images of this aircraft that my fellow modellers know of?

Cheers, and thanks,

Hoops

Sorry, I've just checked Flowers 'Barnes Wallis' Bombs' for you. This details all the raids, with participating aircraft and great narratives. The fate of Carey and 'E' is described, but no pictures alas.

SD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cherisy said:

Hoops

I have  found a reproduction of the artwork . It's on the "Bring back easy Elsie" group page on Facebook. If you pm me I will try and send it to you if you aren't on Facebook

Lee

I just asked for a membership in the Facebook group, hopefully I'll get added soon. Cheers and thanks for the tip!

2 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

Sorry, I've just checked Flowers 'Barnes Wallis' Bombs' for you. This details all the raids, with participating aircraft and great narratives. The fate of Carey and 'E' is described, but no pictures alas.

SD

Thanks for looking!

I wonder if there is anything in "Sinking the Beast: The RAF 1944 Lancaster raids against Tirpitz"

Cheers,

Hoops