Avro Anson, civil conversion of Airfix 1/72 kit, second model

The engines are glued to the nacelles. The photo-etched frames corresponding to the side windows and cabin roof are now in place, after a nerve-wracking session.
As I feared, the two photo-etched parts that make for the windshield no not conform well to the shape and angle of the nose and windows, and the P.E. part that goes on top of that is a bit too big.
Even playing with the folding angle of the front two panels did not provide a suitable fit. How will I solve this, is still obscure to me.
I left it to rest for now, so I can tackle it may be tomorrow, with fresh senses and restored patience:

IMG_5994+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, CedB said:

Pretty neat indeed! Good job Moa :) 

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Beautiful job on the frames, they look well worth all the effort.

Ian

Thanks CedB and Ian

I have to confess that I am a bit exhausted, which hardly happens to me regarding building a model, due to the many issues to solve. Yesterday I started to carve the wood master to vac the remaining missing part, but I left it midway.

I think I may concentrate for the moment on the HP42, while I wait for the decals for the Argentinian Junkers (that are in the mail already).

After all this I think I will only build snap-together toys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AdrianMF said:

Beautiful work on the canopy and its framing. Persistence pays off (and you get a lot of other models done while you're waiting for inspiration!).

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks, Adrian.

Yes, it's the masterplan: While looking for inspiration on A, build B, when stuck with B, build C, etc.

34 minutes ago, Moa said:

Neither am I.

I am a Shaolin Modeling Monk.

Although when my models fall to the floor they sound more like Bonk.

When I fall it's closer to BONK.

Far too modest Moa.

Actually you have almost converted me to civil types with your interesting and attractive subjects, if I wasn’t already so heavily invested in military aircraft I would do so.  At least I do not build models of bombers as I consider the indiscriminate targeting of civilian populations reprehensible.

AW

• Like 1

You guys are aware you can build both?  I always say "build what you enjoy building".  The model is just a model, what feelings you have about it are your own (and they are valid too!).  In a perfect world Bomber Harris would have been convicted of war crimes, but lets not go there.

ps.  Really great work on the canopy frames Moa!  I'm amazed at the lack of cracks in the paint, but that just may be a post bending touch-ups too. I don't know which will make me more envious, that there were no chips made, or all touch-ups went on perfectly.......Hurm.....

I really need to get something going on a build.......

2 hours ago, Bronzemeister said:

You guys are aware you can build both?

I have written (and erased) a very long reply. But it's useless. Whatever realization may come, comes from inside or not at all.

I will just say that I am not interested in convincing anyone, I am interested in presenting a different, less common, poorly represented part of the world of aviation: the luminous side of the force, if you will 😉

2 hours ago, Bronzemeister said:

I'm amazed at the lack of cracks in the paint, but that just may be a post bending touch-ups too. I don't know which will make me more envious, that there were no chips made, or all touch-ups went on perfectly..

The frames received a thin airbrushed coat of Alclad grey primer, and then the enamel color.

No cracks were developed -even in parts that were handled a lot and bent repeatedly, like that cockpit roof- therefore no touch-ups. I was lucky.

• Like 3