Revell 1/72 Spitfire MkVb (-ish)

Number 3 for July and 13 done for 2019, our Russian Tank Factory is humming along nicely : Ghastly abomination of a new tool kit from Revell AG, the RFI will show more but truly awful release and vastly inferior to their not so great 1996 effort. That said it looks pretty, even with the wrong markings for a clip tip but necessary as the right ones had opaque carrier film, As usual my integrated Surfacer 1500/Mr Color/Mr Super UV Cut III all thinned with Mr Leveling , system was employed. No drama in this quick build, As its headed out for auction no aerial wire and pre attached pitot of course.

That said if you're looking for an accurate MKVb,  then keep looking,  Buy this and you will regret it the minute you open the box. But awful kits don't really bother me as long as the basic shapes are right so more than adequate for me but YMMV.

WIP

Beauty shots

top1.JPG

stbd3.JPG

overfly.JPG

port1.JPG

Mazeltov!

Anil

• Like 22

Brilliant neat and tidy work.

1 hour ago, azureglo said:

Yeah making this made me want to cut off an ear too...

Stick to the Absinth instead mate, although long term use rather has the same effect.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Stick to the Absinth instead mate, although long term use rather has the same effect.

True but I don't want to be  caught short  cue Toulouse Lautrec joke ...🥁

22 minutes ago, Hairtrigger said:

Great result..   I do like those stands of yours.  😁 

Yeah the stands are getting a lot of attention recently, a few folks have asked how to make them and its on the WIP. The buyers love'em: my way of saying that these models are to be picked up and enjoyed not surrounded by " do not touch" warnings!

19 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Ahh.  The Green Fairy.  Can get you through the most trying of model builds.

7 hours ago, azureglo said:

Yeah the stands are getting a lot of attention recently, a few folks have asked how to make them and its on the WIP. The buyers love'em: my way of saying that these models are to be picked up and enjoyed not surrounded by " do not touch" warnings!

You could do a roaring trade on here if you sold those stands.   I would certainly buy one...    😁 

• Like 1

I know absolutely nothing about this kit (to be honest, I rarely give Revell a second glance) but that looks lovely. Superb finish and, as others have said, THAT stand (I'll be checking the WIP right after I finish this post!). Is there some horrid fit issue going on at the tail end, or is the dihedral I think I see not really there?! If it really is a sow's ear of a kit, you've managed to produce the silk purse...