F192 Bf109F ++Finished++

John

Apologies, I’ve seemed to have missed this great thread John. Now that I’ve caught up you’ve done a grand job of converting that black plastic into a convincing desert schemed 109. I think this is the best scheme ever to be applied to a 109F.

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Hi John,

this looks really good and the colors look the part. Impressive.

I am too lazy to google Humbrol 28... Shame on me! What type of white is it? Gloss?

More and ore I tend to use a rattle can for the white. Either the Tamiya fine primer, that works super, or a normal spray can...

With a brush I find it hard to keep the layer thin enough. But that's just me.

Well done

JR

• Like 1

Hi Jean, Humbrol 28 is FS595 36622, the underside grey in the USAF Vietnam camouflage scheme. Added to matt white it greatly increases the covering power while still looking white, at least in small areas and in isolation from purer whites .

I spray larger areas of white too- if I can't avoid them altogether...

John 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Time to slap some markings on this:

Sadly the FROG sheet was a bit out of register, which showed up particularly on the crosses. Fortunately I had the sheet from the final release of the old Airfix Bf109E lying handy so I used the crosses from that:

Smaller markings and swastika came from the FROG sheet where the register issue isn't so apparent. Once again I used the old, milder, Humbrol Decal Cote 1 and 2.

John

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...