M47 Patton tank “AZDAJA” - Dragon from Croatia - weathering

Finelly proceeding with this project.  So, getting back to the turret for a while, I decided to change the 90mm gun barrel and I picked up a really nice turned aluminum barrel (Orange Hobby). Step one was to cut the plastic gun and to drill out the mount and socket the barrel into it.

spacer.png

And I put the new resin muffler and exhaust pipe on place too...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thats all for now, sorry 🐢:sleeping:

• Like 10

Many thanks my friend. 

Francis, I presume that the metal barrel has the same size. Note that the plastic barrel does not have the muzzle brake too. But I will only make sure when I completely build the metal barrel.

Cheers Francis

• 1 year later...

Hello guys,

In the meantime I’ve been involved with other projects, but after a long time I am back with this kit, now until the complete construction. Well, the turret is practically finished, only very few details need to be added, like two circular caps welded to the sides of the turret, missing in the kit. The metal gun tube is already assembled. I have detailed both the driver's hatch, both that of the radio operator-gunner, replacing the plastic parts by the DEF Model resin pieces and photoetched. I have completed the front hull with some details too.

spacer.png

uksnEv1.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Gp15cGs.jpg

That's all for now folks

Edited by Carius
  • Like 13

Nice to see this one back on the bench. It looks stunning so far, looking forward to seeing it in paint now

Stay safe             Roger

5 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Great detail work Carius. Glad to see that you've resurrected this build.

John.

Hi john, thanks for looking. In these last months I've been dedicating my time mainly to building my PZ. IA 1/16, but this project was never forgotten.

Cheers my friend

5 hours ago, Hamden said:

Nice to see this one back on the bench. It looks stunning so far, looking forward to seeing it in paint now

Stay safe             Roger

Many thanks Roger, I am now very excited and inspired to finish this project indeed.

Take care my friend

Cesar

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, great work Carius. 

We have a captured example here in my town, which admittedly is in worse shape, but the small details have been captured very well by you

• 5 weeks later...

Hello folks,

Again advancing with this project, the painting job is finished and the decals "AZDAJA" placed on the turret and front. I will soon start the work with dry brush, oils, pelling, dirt, etc... weathering techniques indeed.

spacer.png

spacer.png

icPbGCE.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That´s all for now...

Edited by Carius
  • Like 9

• Carius changed the title to M47 Patton tank “AZDAJA” - Dragon from Croatia - paint job
  • 2 weeks later...

Now, I decided to apply heavy weathering effects to my M-47, and until this moment I achieved this result...

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

That´s all fot now...

• Like 7

• Carius changed the title to M47 Patton tank “AZDAJA” - Dragon from Croatia - weathering