Bristol Blenheim MkIF, 27 Squadron, Malaya, 1941

Hi Everyone,

Here`s another one of my `leaps of faith` from my Far East collection

IulxmAb.jpg

My attempt at Airfix`s 1/48 Blenheim Fighter kit

4VJQ8Fo.jpg

I originally intended to do a bomber version, but recalled reading that 27 Squadron used a few at the beginning of the conflict, so I started digging........

Mc1X4xj.jpg

...bought a few books but found very little ( apparently the Squadron didn`t last too long and seems to have been amalgamated into other Squadrons)

GImmTpS.jpg

Found a couple of old threads on this site but most of the pictures are gone. Also the more I looked at what photo`s I could see it became apparent that not all of the ......

bZB8pkC.jpg

......aircraft were configured as fighters. So I configured the model as a `might have looked like` aircraft that set out on one of the first sorties which is described as a bombing and strafing mission.

RflTN6M.jpg

Markings are nearly all from the stash, and I tried to recreate the upper wing roundels as modified A1 type which were converted from four circles Y, B, W and R. 

xt0KCAe.jpg

To a smaller Blue and Red as seen in many photo`s of the time though I couldn`t find any in theatre above wing shots to prove it..

6T1JpiP.jpg

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pic`s, thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 61

Top job, nicely finished & not overdone.

Got one on the go at the moment, just got the fuselage closed up. This weather isn't conducive to modelling in an attic though.

Pete

• Thanks 1

I was thinking about doing my 1/48 Blenheim in this very scheme. Yours have come up beautifully Russ and there's a heck of a lot going on and a heck of a lot to like about this build. I think the term 'Nailed it!" is somewhat appropriate here. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

Very lovely Russ! Great camouflage and fading. I'm not very conversant with the RAF but this one looks just great.

Cheers, Michael

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Kit and scale? Very nice build and aircraft

Cheers Adam, it`s under the first photo `My attempt at Airfix`s 1/48 Blenheim Fighter kit`,  I used to put it in the tags but recently I`ve been putting the theatre  there.

Thanks again Russ