Bandai 1/72 A-Wing Green Leader

Finally I have finished one of my favourite starfighters. Here is the WIP-thread:

My goal is always to be as close as I can to the studio model, what is not always easy because this 1/72 model is so much smaller.

I hope you like it.

Thanks.

Green Leader standing by.

48349652651_e3d84b5294_c.jpg

48349653281_cc507aaaa8_c.jpg

48349653261_ee897ed896_c.jpg

48349113601_8ef5476287_c.jpg

48349114971_5e367ddde9_c.jpg

48349114176_e7c2a1de3c_c.jpg

48349250462_ce55b71206_c.jpg

48356855136_062d088e1f_c.jpg

Edited by Gemini 8
  • Like 26

Lovely work! Finish and weathering look spot on.

The first and last shot really shows the basis in the F-14 bits used for the studio models...

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

On 7/23/2019 at 5:27 PM, Hook said:

Lovely work! Finish and weathering look spot on.

The first and last shot really shows the basis in the F-14 bits used for the studio models...

Cheers,

Andre

Thanks.

I am not exactly sure which parts you are refering to, but I see some resemblance. That must have been some big scale F-14 because the studio model is really huge.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:49 PM, AndyRM101 said:

Beautiful A-Wing. You've really captured the look of the studio model.

Andy:cat:

Thanks a lot, Andy.

Are you planning to do more Star Wars or other sci-fi models? I absolutely love your work.

Edited by Gemini 8
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gemini 8 said:

Thanks.

I am not exactly sure which parts you are refering to, but I see some resemblance. That must have been some big scale F-14 because the studio model is really huge.

Just compare the main body of the A-wing with the intakes and glove sections of an F-14. The slits for the glove vanes are there as well.

Oh, and the main central exhausts are F-16 intakes. 😀

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 1:15 AM, Learstang said:

Very nice! That Primer Red colour just shouts 'Star Wars'.

Thanks. I think the red is very important on this one. This is arguably the most colourful starfighter of the original trilogy, so this had to be right.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:05 AM, Hook said:

Just compare the main body of the A-wing with the intakes and glove sections of an F-14. The slits for the glove vanes are there as well.

Oh, and the main central exhausts are F-16 intakes. 😀

Cheers,

Andre

Now I can´t unsee the F-16 engine intakes. I thought it reminded me of something, but I wasn´t sure of what...

3 hours ago, Learstang said:

So the original Death Star would be over a kilometre in diameter in 1/72nd scale. I want one! Now where am I going to put it...

Regards,

Jason

I would be happy with a 1/144 version. Yes, I know. I am easy to please. 🙂

Edited by Gemini 8
  • Like 1

On 28/07/2019 at 21:56, Gemini 8 said:

Thanks a lot, Andy.

Are you planning to do more Star Wars or other sci-fi models? I absolutely love your work.

Thanks, I've got a part-painted protocol droid that's waiting to get finished, and I'll probably be building the Super Star Destroyer when it comes out. After that, I'll be waiting to see if Bandai release anything new for ep9, but given their recent performance, I'm not expecting much.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2019 at 09:45, AndyRM101 said:

Thanks, I've got a part-painted protocol droid that's waiting to get finished, and I'll probably be building the Super Star Destroyer when it comes out. After that, I'll be waiting to see if Bandai release anything new for ep9, but given their recent performance, I'm not expecting much.

Aren't you hiding a U-Wing somewhere? 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am desperately waiting for a 1/72 TIE Bomber. I had high hopes after the B-Wing announcement, but it goes down every new month. After that they got everything I could ask for. I would pause every other work for that one.

Maybe they are making some more cruisers. A Nebulon B or Calamaris would be nice, but I am not sure if I would buy and build them. If they are a part of the vehicle-series and too small I am not interested.

Edited by Gemini 8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wulf said:

Aren't you hiding a U-Wing somewhere? 😏

You know, I'd completely forgotten about that. Yes, I've got the 1/144 U-Wing and the two Imperial tanks (one of which is almost finished), and I've also got the little 1/350 Falcon that came with the Tantive.

Actually, now I come to think, I've also got the box scale Snowspeeder and AT-ST as well. Hopefully all of them will get finished sometime this year.

2 hours ago, Gemini 8 said:

I am desperately waiting for a 1/72 TIE Bomber. I had high hopes after the B-Wing announcement, but it goes down every new month. After that they got everything I could ask for. I would pause every other work for that one.

I'm sure we'll get one eventually. Maybe next year, when they've got the Ep9 stuff out of the way.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...