This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Planebuilder62

Historex Freidland cannon firing

Hi there

This is my first WIP posting on BM. I always wanted one of these sets from when I was 8 years old so I went and bought one last year.

So far I have assembled the bodies of the gun crew. To provide the impression of movement, most of the figures have needed some surgery to the arms, legs and hands as the basic Historex figure is made to be ´at attention’.

The next step is to tidy up the joints and prime ready for paint. Also in this set is a limber with 2 horses. I think I will get 2 more horses as it was normal to tow the gun with either a 4 or 6 horse team. The base the diorama is undecided. Something simple with sand and rocks will probably the  way to go.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

One small point. You've got the handspikes in the rear of the trail the wrong way round. The stepped end should fit into the small rings.

Thanks for that Niall, I thought they were a bit loose. Do you know if they stayed in place when thegun was fired?

Regards Toby

Yes they would be in place when the gun fired. They are used to lift the trail so the gun can be aimed.

Nicely animated diorama.

Where on earth can you still buy Historex figures?

Regards,

Adrian

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:58 AM, Planebuilder62 said:

Hi Adrian

Historex Agents in Dover have the complete line of kits and spares for sale.

Regards Toby

I bought a few recently from them, huge range of figures and very prompt service!