Norwegian Air Ambulances

Hi there

I recently completed my second Norwegian Air Ambulance using the Revell EC-135 kit. The first was using the Airfix MBB BO 155 kit. To make an up to date EC 135 I had to steal the radar nose from a Heller EC 145 kit.

Both were finished using the excellent Lima November decals produced by one of our local IPMS club members.

I see the EC -135 flying over my house sometimes when they are on a mission. These helicopters are often in the news for their rescue operations. There are some good clips on Youtube showing their rescue’s which are often very risky. Look for: Norsk Luftambulanse. There is a very good clip of a helicopter balancing on the roadside crash barrier to let the doctor out due to insufficient landing space on the road next to a cliff wall.. Unfortunately there was a fatal accident a couple of years ago when the helipcopter struck power lines when landing. 

Anyway, on the the pictures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27

Hello 62,

Thanks for sharing these two Air Ambu's with us. Have visited your country many times during January /April season, so I know what the conditions are to operate in.For instance the "White Out"

Nothing else but respect for these crews that are risking their lives on a daily base.

The models are looking great. regards, Orion.