• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone... Well I will be starting in on the next installment. This could turn out ok or could be a grand failure. I picked up this boxing of the original Italeri Fw.190D9. uKmIZ8h.jpg

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/italaerei-128-fw-190d-9--156363

It came with some goodies in the box the replacement resin cockpit, masks, and the decals all for about $7.00. I will be attempting to upgrade sone aspects of the kit with extra leftovers from my two eduard Fw.190A aircraft kits. Including better prop, landing gear, and guns for the cowl.

The only thing i am missing and hope to come across by the time painting and decaling shows up. I need the decals from this boxing of this kit. 0s3lPIE.jpg

I need the Black 14 and eagle from this boxing for Pips. So if anyone has them going spare please let me know ? Otherwise i will mask the eagle and have to find a 14 somewhere ? Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Looking forward to another of his ac! Great thread, I’m going to get a cup of tea and refresh from start to this point, not a bad Saturday morning! Good luck with this one Dennis!

I am confused by the box art, why is the RAF ac in tropical camouflage? Where was Pips deployed in this one...all questions I know you will be discussing through the build I know, but I do get excited by details like that lol 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Looking forward to another of his ac! Great thread, I’m going to get a cup of tea and refresh from start to this point, not a bad Saturday morning! Good luck with this one Dennis!

I am confused by the box art, why is the RAF ac in tropical camouflage? Where was Pips deployed in this one...all questions I know you will be discussing through the build I know, but I do get excited by details like that lol 

Thanks.. I think you might need a tardis for that answer. Only the Italeri artist knows it. 

• Haha 1

Sadly I'm calling this dead... need to find another Dora kit now. I tried to do the resin cockpit today. Not a major issue did some trimming and it fit ok not great but ok. Glued the fuselage and thats where the problem reared it ugly head. The wings did not line up at all with the fuselage. It would have been to hard to build them up and in the end they would be thicker than a hawker hurricanes wing. 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone... Im going to be getting back to this soon. I didn't realize that it's been 5 weeks since Ive done anything here. My apologies for that. I will be using the Hobby boss Easy build kit. 8YWRblS.jpg
These Eagle decals for Black 14. Of course I need to change the Defense bands to Black & White to be correct for Jg.26.  vrXzKfZ.jpg
And the goal is to build this Focke-wulf.

9t1PLlg.png
Credit to @FalkeEins and his wonderful thread for the photo. 

https://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2016/05/crash-of-fw-190-d-9-wkn-211018-fe-119.html?m=1

Of course i wont be covering the 14 up on the side. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Whew... Well I finally had time to get around to this today. It didn't take more than a half hour  to get this far. rdp97C0.jpg

gf80x57.jpg

UACKAiC.jpg

The only gap is near the nose circled in Red here. Otherwise its just some light sanding to get rid of some minor glue bumps. I have to add a few minor things like add the drop tank/bomb rack and build up the little bits. No masking needed as i can paint the pit after camouflage. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 3

Hello everyone... Now that my 109 & Mustang are done i have started this build and four others today. Here is where the Dora sits, sanding done and little bits added. I drilled and added spare Eduard barrels for the nose guns. HgZAaos.jpg

HOVBXQR.jpg

Then i spliced the kit tank rack and the back half of Eduards spare rack. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone... I was able to spray the RLM76 on this today. I will let it sit for a day or two to cure before the next stage.4TNSY73.jpg

dZB9ITI.jpg

I know it doesn't look like it, but both sides were painted with the RLM76. 

TyqpzN6.jpg

I will be going with an RLM 75/82 upper scheme with mottles of RLM74/82. I think that is what Im interpreting from this photo ? Is it possible there is any of the late war RLM84 in the scheme ? 

g3ogCrk.png

Thoughts, questions, and or comments on the colors ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Morning everyone... Pulled a long A/B session tonight and was able to do a color on each of my builds. For this i masked off and did the black eagle/chevron around the exhaust as seen in the profile here and the photo above. mNCPr8T.jpg

u93m7jw.jpg

2IZiDvg.jpg

Once that is touched up and cured I will mask it and start the main colors. The profile looks like RLM81/82 however the photo looked more like RLM75/82 ? Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hello everyone... Long session tonight with 6 colors sprayed. The lighter RLM 82 color is on and yes i sprayed the starboard stab. taJZG4k.jpg

pXdmCRG.jpg

elQSyFT.jpg

Need to add a few decals like the Reich defense bands to this so I can overpaint them. Then I can do the last main color and mottles. On another note i think I finally got the hang of smoke ring camouflage...

qb6miz4.jpg

Bring on the Macchi’s. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone... please be patient with me as I have every intention of getting to this. I sadly had to say goodbye to my beloved friend and companion of 16 years this morning. My Martin was a pugnacious pug

iLOWTTy.jpg

and took no guff from anyone. He will be missed and I'm taking time along with SWMBO to grieve. I will check in daily but just cant see myself building anything yet. Please everyone have a good day. 

Dennis

• Sad 2

Hello Cousin,

That's a sad new, best thought to you and your good Lady.

When my Boxer passed away, I cried like a kid...

We also have a pug, these poor little fellas suffer from lots of issues.

Mainly caused by their nose or more precisely the absence of nose..

However, 16 years.. A pugnacious pug he was !!

I'm with you.

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks cousin! Sorry to hear of your loss as well and i hope your pug is just as pugnacious. 

So, she is !!

Last week, she barked and attacked the Irish Wolfhound...

She is about the size of Sirius head only... But that fact did'nt bother her...

Se has so many health issues that I'm faithfull !

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

Hello everyone... Someone suggested some building might be therapeutic for my loss. I figured id give it a shot, and put down the last of the paint on this today. It looks ok but my A/B was just not co-operating very much. It wasn't letting any air through at all and i had to crank up the pressure well into the 30’s just to get it out. I give my A/Brushes full cleans every time I'm done using them and don't know what caused the blockage. I do know the nozzle needs replacing on my Neo as its ben bent so maybe its finally kaput. Its not perfect but I'm going to live with the paint as is. Now i knew this had the standard pattern but not sure which colors to go with ? I wasn't sure if it was RLM 75/82 or RLM82/83 so i did an experiment. Here is the photo of the real plane. 

myMvWYV.jpg

Going with cropping the photo and no other editing. I used the two tones on top of the nose above the exhaust stubs. There is very little difference in the tones between the two colors. Much like in this sample. ⬇️WmQquS2.jpg

In this sample the middle color is RLM82. The right is RLM83, and the left RLM75.

W4LhaLi.jpg

Looking at the B&W sample shows little contrast between the RLM75/82 so that is what i went with. 

gyGBcHY.jpg

UtIK2ov.jpg

9TrUtNb.jpg

Yes i know the side crosses will need RLM75 in between the bars, but will do that after decals are in place. 

8FZH7rO.jpg

Little bit of touch-ups around the exhaust eagle and we should be ok. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hi, Dennis. Just caught up with what you've been doing.. 

Sorry to hear about your wee Martin. I've lost a good few animal companions along the way, and it's hard going. 

And there is not much that gets closer to you than a dog, for sure. 

Glad the modelling is some kind of therapy. 

Paintwork looks good to me. 

So, best wishes all around there 💐👍

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone... I was able to get the decals on today. There aren't to many but enough to make the point. 
lejUvVD.jpg

dXlKQFx.jpg

fZNv7ib.jpg

upF8zUp.jpg

I placed the stripe on the spinner but it was too long by about an inch. I had to cut it in a couple of places. It will need to be sliced careful and micro-sol’d again to get rid of the little bubbles and ridges. PEjO7xE.jpg

Worse comes to worse i will have to paint some touch-ups to balance it all out. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of your loss Dennis, there isn't a day goes by where I don't think of Maisie our Border Collie who we lost in November.

The 190 is looking good and will surely help by giving your mind something else to think of even for just a short while.

Roger. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

there isn't a day goes by where I don't think of Maisie our Border Collie who we lost in November.

Sorry to hear of your loss Roger, yes the work is helping some. My A/B was acting funky and the paint could’ve been a lil better, but I can live with that. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone... Well the Fw is up on her gear and theres not much left. I need to mask the canopies as i shouldn't have mounted them until after flat-coating. Then its weathering and antennas. 1fUPvtf.jpg

DvzDYBh.jpg

0Dv8JkR.jpg

vJJhXk6.jpg

Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 4