Hello everyone... Finally got some bench time today. I placed the main decals on to the A3 and dang if i didn't mess up.

wBhC20o.jpg

lStRj4h.jpg

5K1spyZ.jpg

5BK3jGd.jpg

I was about ready to dip the kill tally in water and place it on the rudder. :rage: Only to realize that i forgot to paint the yellow on the rudder and cowling.  So that comes next then i can finish up the stencils and rudder. Getting there slowly and then I'm onto the A5.

Dennis

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Only to realize that i forgot to paint the yellow on the rudder and cowling

At least the cowling area is free of decals. You avoid risking tearing them off otherwise. The rudder, on the other hand, may br better painted using a fine brush where the Swastika is and then painting the area with s broader brush.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

The rudder, on the other hand, may br better painted using a fine brush where the Swastika is and then painting the area with s broader brush.

Ive had that happen before, i looked at the wrong swastika size and the tape was to big. I will fix the rudder after i add the stencils and clear the plane. Then i can mask the swastika and spray around it. Once thats done i will paint the yellow and add the kill tally. More work for me but then again this is a long term project not a race. 

Dennis

• Like 2

Yeah so I'm thinking i should have just left it alone now. ☹️ ... after masking and painting (which was a nightmare see below). I wound up with this. Mind you the decals had also been micro-set and micro-sol'd into placeq0BsfsD.jpg

0lNDYuR.jpg

So next time when it looks like I'm good i will just leave it the heck alone, rather than messing things up.

My new airbrush was acting real funny today and it took my 3 hours of constant work to diagnose the problem and fix it. On top of this ⬆️ I had decided to A/b the interiors of my next few builds, as my one friend  just insists thats the way to do things. Well i wont be doing that again anytime soon. I will stick to brush painting things. It gummed up the new A/B so bad & to the point i couldn't get water out of it at 50 Psi. I wont try that again unless someone can recommend a thin enough paint to make it not gum up. Yet thick enough to cover all of the detail.  

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Sad 1

Ok i sprayed some more tonight and fixed the swastika. Heres what it looked like 7 hours ago. 0lNDYuR.jpg

And here it is now.

tqFAMRU.jpg

Now for the Starboard stab and swastika before.

q0BsfsD.jpg

And after BG9Pdhu.jpg

Thats about as good as i can get it folks ? Im just gonna have to accept it and move on. The next Focke-wulf coming up i will have to pay better attention to this so i don't repeat it. 

Dennis

Hello all... Well i was able to wrap up some of my other builds today. I then painted the yellow, added the landing gear and started finishing off the A3 in general. bAq4KHf.jpg

zUCT0nj.jpg

Just a few things to add and then shes done. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello everyone... well I finished off the Focke-wulf today. o8F5l9N.jpg

lHzs66x.jpg

NyV2oU4.jpg

Lle5XGz.jpg

A photo of the first pair. 

7mgLQHW.jpg

Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? A link to the RFI. https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235060807-pips-fw-190a-3/

Dennis

• Like 5

Looking good! As for feedback, your mottling could improve if you thin the paint a bit more so that you can really build up ghostly looking splotches with several ultra thin coats. Now you can see splatters of paint. I like the addition of stains - that makes it look nice and lively - but I would say practice the application a little more so that it's clear where the stain originates from and work on feathering them out a bit with thinner. Lots of examples on YouTube from various weathering brands to get inspiration from. Mind you, they always make it look a lot easier than it is in my experience! And finally, personally I like a flat coat on finished models, but that's a matter of taste.

• Like 1

Looking good, I am like you and only recently eventually learned that sometimes it’s best to leave something alone, decals are my downfall ha. I think this is my favourite Priller aircraft and if I could get one like this for my display section I’d be happy. The weathering over the yellow underside is really nice, another great build, two beauties....next......

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, elger said:

Looking good!

Thank you

4 hours ago, elger said:

your mottling could improve if you thin the paint a bit more so that you can really build up ghostly looking splotches with several ultra thin coats. Now you can see splatters of paint.

Ive tried this but i alway seem to get spidering. Im trying to fine tune and learn a new A/B at the moment. I find regardless of new or older A/B that no matter how thin the paint. I cant get it to flow at all below about 8-9 psi. 

4 hours ago, elger said:

I like the addition of stains - that makes it look nice and lively - but I would say practice the application a little more so that it's clear where the stain originates from and work on feathering them out a bit with thinner. Lots of examples on YouTube from various weathering brands to get inspiration from. Mind you, they always make it look a lot easier than it is in my experience!

As for stains sad as it seems i already do that.

4 hours ago, elger said:

And finally, personally I like a flat coat on finished models, but that's a matter of taste.

So do I, my problem is that my yearly budget is about $200-300 dollars. This is for both supplies and kits. That is mostly centered on 3 dates Fathers day, Birthday, and Christmas. Currently i am out of matt coat until my Christmas budget infusion. Now I'm not going to stop working just because of that, so i will spray down stuff at a later date to get it more matt. Thanks again for the compliment and help. 

Hello everyone... Well as my Yugoslavian Bf.109G-10 is on hold for the moment. I figured id start on this.

E4nep8z.png

I started the cockpit today.  nNWAya2.jpg

pca12C0.jpg

Will close up the fuselage probably tomorrow night. Slow work on this and the 109 as I've got a lot on my plate currently. Questions, comments, and or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello everyone... Well I've added the rest of the cowling bits, aileron’s, and tail surfaces.spacer.png

spacer.png

Painted the prop and spinner assembly today. The other prop is for my 109G build. Next up is sanding & re-scribing so boring. Will post when the paint flies. Question, comment, or thoughts ? 

Dennis

• Like 2

Hello everyone... Well I spent some time today on this. I painted the mig RLM-76 and i had the worst time spraying it ? It seemed to have converted from one spectrum to another. Last time i used it it worked great, not so much this time. It was either super wet and rubbery or super dry. After about 60 minutes i had this. 

UM2mYFm.jpg

eHFlqkt.jpg

GeyAWGV.jpg

When i went to clean my A/B i couldn't clean it ? I started with windex with ammonia. Never budged it, in the end i had to use kitchen towel soaked in 100% straight ammonia. And i still had to scrape the cup clean with a dental pick ! In the end its painted and the A/B is clean i think ? Will find out tonight when i spray all the flaps and rudder. Questions, comments, and or thoughts on the paint issue ? 

Dennis

I take it you are shaking the bottle well and using a bit of thinners(water or an acrylic thinner like mr hobby 110 at about 80 paint 10 thinner) you do remove the needle and cap, nozzle when you do a clean down of the airbrush and don't leave anything in there ie cleaning fluid that will react with acrylics