Lightning Swansong. Airfix F6. 1/72 scale.

Hi folk's, I love the Lightning but have to watch as other's turn out excellent examples here as I just don't like doing silver finishes,so when the Sharkmouth

GB came along I grabbed Airfix's beautiful kit to do one of the last schemes they wore at the end of their careers.It is a great kit to build with no vices and the

decal's are superb I was lucky enough to pick up a dark green schemed boxing for a tenner for a future build.Many thanks for looking in.

20190722_114943

20190722_114929

20190722_114917

20190722_114845

20190722_114840

20190722_114845

20190722_115148

20190722_115121

20190722_115012

20190722_115002

• Like 55

Superb - remember the two 5 Sqn sharks mouthed Lightnings well. They didn’t last long, read somewhere the powers that be didn’t approve - miserable gits. I thought they looked brilliant. Nice model

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, petetasker said:

Superb - remember the two 5 Sqn sharks mouthed Lightnings well. They didn’t last long, read somewhere the powers that be didn’t approve - miserable gits. I thought they looked brilliant. Nice model

Good looking Lightning, 👍  but yes, typical "powers that be"  No more leave until morale improves! :speechless:

• Like 1

Great stuff, I've been meaning to do one as well to complement my F.2A. My experience with that was that it mostly fit well though the nose parts had some serious issues (though not insurmountable) in that the intakes were wider than the fuselage. The rest went on pretty smooth.

• Like 1

That's a very impressive Lightning Steve. I am really pleased you managed to get around to making one! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Neat work Steve. I love that scheme.

For me, it's too hot for building models (my excuse..) so I'm just enjoying looking at other people's!

Roll on autumn and the modelling season.

15 minutes ago, IanC said:

Neat work Steve. I love that scheme.

For me, it's too hot for building models (my excuse..) so I'm just enjoying looking at other people's!

Roll on autumn and the modelling season.

Thank's Ian,I'm in the loft so totally agree, it's impossible to work up there after lunch thankfully I work 2-10 so morning's are my model time

unfortunately in Autumn I get poor light and the added bonus of Siberian temperatures as we move into Winter!

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 1:57 PM, petetasker said:

They must have been ex-112 Squadron wallahs. 

• Like 1

Really beautiful plane and a really nice job on assembling and painting.  I've got the Airfix F2.A version sitting on my work table waiting for me.  Looking at your F6 I may have to add a second Lightning to my collection once I finish the first one.  😉

• Like 1