1/700 LST-4002 JS Shimokita

11 minutes ago, spejic said:

For the dock, you can create the mooring hooks by sliding a standard razor saw flat along the top of the dock and cutting into those bumps provided by Tamiya. There is a lot of variability in the color of the hooks, the color and size of the curbs on the edge, and whether there are built-in bumpers along the edge or you need to use those fenders provided by the kit. If you want pictures, I can post them.

Thanks @spejic... What hooks are you referring to? My current plan is to use a white thread as mooring lines and attach it to the mooring point on the provided dock...

And use the provided fenders for the bumpers.

Cheers,

Mario

I mean you can create this mooring hook:

yfVItUo.jpg

by sawing into those bumps to create an undercut like this:

JkCUnff.jpg

It takes a little care, but it isn't difficult and it makes it look much nicer.

Edited by spejic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just got back from my workplace, and since the JS Shimokita had her microscopic parts on, I can't bring her on board my work site.

But, I was able to spare some time on her and install all the vehicles and PE's. And after several hours, she's done.

20191022-012150.jpg

20191022-012101.jpg

20191022-012024.jpg

20191021-225055.jpg

20191022-011957.jpg

20191021-224805.jpg

I also added several PE Figures. As planned I'm going to make a small diorama depicting the ship almost finished loading the vehicle.

So, I'll go ahead and try to find what method I should use to make a typical calm water in the dock area..

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 4