Hey All,

Thought this was the best place to post this. It's a pretty straight forward conversion. Added  few outer spars, reshaped the nose and the "pedestal" for the rocket. A few other small bits, and Voila! a Loon.

I was after this;

LxnLMOg-521OK0S3EGsJUDDN-mDaR8nMcgTE8ny-

Zero weathering, as I don't think these things survived multiple launches. One and done.

FKC-XarkgEZ05TZZ7BcwekJ3a1eIBPY6d2yJClHb

e8njEuRJTWhyPYrS6RVdXVtdpXm26_hmDBvNARRv

zYmmtOOeQ7l0bKghDjdJ9anRWu_tQIfGFFDiK-Iw

Y6q01YStKpchdc-X5ugOfmlcL2Pf2Ffb3gB6tXBK

Critiques are always welcome.

Mark

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Hi Mark,

very nice, these Loons do have some colourful finishes. I've looked hard at your photos but apart from the front pylon mod I can't make out your other mods, any chance of some construction pics?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't take construction photos, sorry.

But... beside the front of the pylon, which is reversed in angle, there's a couple of extra lumps and bumps near the front of the rocket mostly on the port side. The nose is redone - I recall using the fuel tank from a Tamiya F-15 to get the correct shape, including some brass tubing to extend the small prop at the tip of the nose.

There's also a couple of new holes/vents near the rear of the rocket. And some additional "stringers", for lack of a better term, just in front of the rear pylon.

I'm trying to remember to take construction photos, but sometimes get carried away.

HTH,

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, DalekCheese said:

Beautiful! Paints?

I used testor model master enamels for the yellow. Aluminum is alclad. Red is tamiya acrylic.

I've taken to using future and cotton swabs for my gloss coat lately. It's more time-consuming, but more forgiving and a very smooth finish. It probably won't work on larger models, but is great on small kits. 

• 3 weeks later...

I never heard of this one before- quite an interesting program they had. I think your build looks spot on t the references I have just seen- well done!

Do you have any other builds in a similar vein?

Edited by Richard Baker

On 10/3/2019 at 10:23 AM, Richard Baker said:

I never heard of this one before- quite an interesting program they had. I think your build looks spot on t the references I have just seen- well done!

Do you have any other builds in a similar vein?

Thanks Richard. I just started on an "operation Sandy" V-2.  Check this out - 

• Like 1