Revell 1/72 F-16 kits - any differences?

Fin

I`m looking to build an F-16AM and was wondering which of the Revell kits (the MLU or the C) is a better start. Looking inside the boxes:

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/F-16-Mlu-Solo-Display-KLu.html

https://www.super-hobby.co.uk/products/F-16-C-SOLO-T-RK.html

it seems that they contain the same plastic, except that the C version has an extra sprue (conveniently named "C Version") with specific C parts(AIM-120c, AGM-88, pods, different tail, wheels etc.). I`m not bothered by the decals because I`m gonna use aftermarkets anyway.

Can anyone confirm that the rest of the plastic (fuselage, wings etc.) is exactly the same in box boxes?

They are all the same, F-16A dressed as F-16C, on the other thread I said that Revell was missing Belgian AF ECM lumps and bumps but those are contained on the AIM-120 sprue which is included on any given MLU boxes 'cept for #04355 and #04363 box.

If anything avoid #04317 and #04318 boxes due them being Revellmonogramchbox things

Luigi

• Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Silverkite said:

They are all the same, F-16A dressed as F-16C, on the other thread I said that Revell was missing Belgian AF ECM lumps and bumps but those are contained on the AIM-120 sprue which is included on any given MLU boxes 'cept for #04355 and # box.

If anything avoid #04317 and #04318 boxes due them being Revellmonogramchbox things

Luigi

Luigi , what I love about BM is folk like you who do the homework and have the answers! I have a few boxings including 04363 and this makes  a lot more sense that the random collection of sprues with "do not use" in the instructions, many thanks,

Anil

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Luigi

As far as I am aware, Revell Bünde neither put the MB nor the Mono in blue boxes, but they kept updating their legacy H-222 mould until they decided a new mould was required.

On 7/22/2019 at 6:58 AM, tempestfan said:

As far as I am aware, Revell Bünde neither put the MB nor the Mono in blue boxes, but they kept updating their legacy H-222 mould until they decided a new mould was required.

That's why I called revellmonomatchbox thing :P, fuselage was better than Matchbox offering, but radome, exhaust, air brakes and everything else but the cockpit was not, still the extra sprue contained on those boxes are somehow ok as a good offerings for Italeri kits

Luigi