End of the Red Empire, the Soviet Union and it's subsequent republics 1989 onwards.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, dnl42 said:

Just to be clear, this is for former USSR "republics", not other countries in the Warsaw Pact. For example, Polish and Czech subjects wouldn't fit. Is that correct?

That is correct, there is another proposed GB for NATO/WARPAC 1990's and beyond which would cover those subjects and I don't want to step on the organisers toes. Can we still tempt you to take part?

• Sad 1

awww come on, I'm all excited with tis one and we only have 15 interested.

maybe it's time to start bribing??? Or we can hold their favourite modelling tool/model for ransom??? I would have said offspring but we all know modelling comes before family.........though after SWMBO:D

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, trickyrich said:

awww come on, I'm all excited with tis one and we only have 15 interested.

maybe it's time to start bribing??? Or we can hold their favourite modelling tool/model for ransom??? I would have said offspring but we all know modelling comes before family.........though after SWMBO:D

I must admit that I'm surprised that there haven't been more takers as Soviet stuff always seems popular.

You may well be onto something here Rich, a few well placed raids on members stash's should help move things along!

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I must admit that I'm surprised that there haven't been more takers as Soviet stuff always seems popular.

First of all, the collapse of the USSR and what followed completely did not add popularity to this GB in the territory of the former USSR.  For many of those who remember this, it is quite difficult. Those who do not remember this, because they were small, despite all the negative propaganda against the USSR, they also gradually begin to realize that something went wrong.

Regarding the West, I can only

supposed. While the USSR was alive, in the West they were forced to observe some high standards and maintain a high standard of living, otherwise a crisis could have occurred hypothetically.  As soon as the USSR was gone, it made no sense to maintain high standards, so it seems to me that there is a gradual reduction in social standards (increase in retirement age, cuts in benefits, etc.).Therefore, many in the West and in the East, comparing then and now, somewhere they realize that it was better then. Therefore, probably, this critical point is not popular. Of course, from the point of view of the modeller, a lot of exotic camouflage  options have appeared such as ukrainian Su-27 or Azerbaijani MiG-29, which would hardly have been with "Red Stars", but ... but much nicer is the "Red Star".

🤗

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

About time Werner! I was wondering when you would turn up, really good to have you aboard.

Now we just need to find a dozen or so like minded people and we will make the vote!

Problem is me, and maybe others do not frequent this exact subforum a lot...

Same with GB votes and gallery votes... easily missed unfortunately.... 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Now we just need to find a dozen or so like minded people and we will make the vote!

Hint!

Use magic word - "FROG/NOVO" in any combination inside name this GB and you 146% find  many modeller's!!

😉😁👹

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Need to think of a way of getting "FROG/NOVO" into the title!

Nothing hard!

Most light way - 

"End of the Red Empire, the Soviet Union and it's subsequent republics 1989 onwards  + bonus secret "GB FROG-2 squard" inside!*"

😉😁😁

Hard way - 

"End of the Red Empire, the Soviet Union, NOVO (FROG).... and it's subsequent republics 1989 onwards"

Why hard way?🤔

Because then you will have to explain to the angry FROG fans that FROG / NOVO is not built in this GB!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

* - find if you can!

😁😁😁

Edited by Aardvark
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Makes me sad, but there is already too many for me that I want to do.  We'll have to shoot for 2021.

My thoughts exactly Chris, as much as I would have liked this to go through there are already more subjects I like than I can vote for.

We will need to keep this one alive and hope we get enough to sign up to make next years vote.

• Like 1