Apollo 11 to music

The original (and best, IMO). This music accompanied the 1984 film Apollo, later re-edited, re-released and renamed For All Mankind.

Although conventional wisdom would have you playing ambient music either through headphones or at lowish volumes, I heard this piece played through the main stage's Turbosound rig at Glastonbury in 1990, just before Lush came onstage. It was really quite something!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

Glastonbury in 1990, just before Lush came onstage.

Lush, now there is a band I wish I had seen more of. I once tried to chat up Miki in a pub just before Spooky was released, needless to say I didn’t get far. 

Really good music, I remember staying up until 1:00AM-2:00AM watching the landing on the moon. Our(me , sister, and brother) grandfather insisted we watch. He was amazed by the fact that we had landed and walked on the moon. 50 years have passed. Where did the time go?

Joe

On 7/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, Rickoshea52 said:

How appropriate for this day in history. 

Now go and listen to the rest of Public Service Broadcasting's The Race for Space Album and then enjoy the rest of their back catalogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickoshea52 said:

Oh I’m a fan of PBS, love their stuff. 

Yep, this my most favourite band ever. So different. Seen them about 5 times now and going to see them at the Albert Hall proms on Thursday evening when they'll be doing their Race for Space album in full.. Catch the show on BBC 4 on Friday night at 11pm... They were also on Newsnight on Friday just gone too...

You might like these too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8rNlFYRcgs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_J-_m9-Zqc

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with both choices of music. I’ve just ordered the updated 2019 version of Eno’s album (with an extra CD to commemorate 50 years), and played The Race for Space today while at work.

• Like 1