1/32 - Douglas A-26B & C Invader by HobbyBoss - released - Resin2Detail detailing sets

Homebee

3 hours ago, Laurent said:

Those days are over, the toolmaker is retired and often gone. Nowadays a CAD designer in China is handed out a folder of JPGs, PDFs or whatever and asked "Do a CAD model out of this.

Airfix, notably, does not follow this model. They inspect real aircraft and take 3D scans if they can and get as much original source material as possible. I know they got some flak over the simplifications they made with the MiG-17, but that kit is a gem compared with this HobbyTrump Invader.

20 hours ago, SC2015 said:

It has nothing do with that otherwise they wouldn´t be in the business anymore.

And you know what: They are proven right since they are still in the business, still invest money in engineering and pattern/molding and still release kit.

There ain´t any fundings from the chinese goverment anymore as Hobbyboss now longer than five years. 

They model has issues, I totally agree.

But nothing you can not correct with skills and parts left over from other kits. 

p.s.:

Before you pick on my spelling again: 

it might not be always correct as I´m no native speaker but at least I speak more than one language.

Do you, too? 

Ok you win the internet, well done.

Enjoy.

18 hours ago, 71chally said:

Absolutely well put Graham, I am grateful for the comments made on a kit's accuracies, or otherwise, by either people that take the time to  study a type, that can see the issues from comparisons with the real thing or photographs, or are otherwise associated with the type.

This leads me to appraise a kit on whether the asking price is worth it, taking into account the cost of any possible aftermarket kits needed, or whether I can do the work myself to correct it  - all before I commit to the kit, or decide not to.

I also get Steve's/Navy870's point that some manufacturers in particular just seem to be happy releasing inaccurate kits.

It's as straightforward forward to create an accurate kit than an inaccurate one, these days all the information, knowledge and help is out there.

Comparing newly relased kits with Matchbox and Frog kits (as someone has earlier) is just plain ridiculous, I love building and improving those kits, but I know what I'm getting with these 30-40 year old releases.

Spending a £60 - £100 plus on an obviously inaccurate model just doesn't add up for me I'm afraid, and in this day and age I can't see why that should be the case.

What I don't get is why people have to fight this helpful information and start using phrases like 'ballistic', and 'if you don't like it, don't buy'.

A forum is for the dissemination of useful information, not to just gleeful accept everything that is given to us.

Nail, Hammer, Head

Edited by NAVY870

• 1 month later...

This thread does seem to be somewhat divisive, and having been back to the hobby a little longer than Britmodeller has been around, I still don't understand why the "good enough" and the "has to be perfect" groups have to continually butt heads?  It's a waste of everyone's time, and after the faults have been found, perhaps instead of uttering those few words that say more about you than the model "they really screwed the pooch with this one", why not set about correcting those errors and suggest ways to make the kit better, leaving point-scoring and snide comments behind?

• "it's as easy to make a good model as it is a poor one".  From an injection moulder's POV that's true, but not from a research and design POV.  That takes money, time and talent.
  • "It's 2mm too wide/long/tall".  Sure, and the glazing is a scale 6" thick.
  • "It just looks 'off' around the nose".  Could be many other reasons for that including error, lens distortion, spooky action at a distance, and poor perspective.  Remember the HKM Lanc with one wing that looked longer than the other in CAD?  The plastic was the same length.
  • "Why should I have to fix a model that I already paid for?".  Because model companies are staffed by people, and people are fallible.  If you don't have the skills or the motivation to do so, just keep your money in your pocket.
  • "It looks like an XXXXXX to me".  Great, so buy one, but don't force your opinion on others.  The same goes for the "screwed the pooch" adherents.

There's loads more, but my memory has given up for the day, so get on with discussing the model without calling each other's parentage or educational prowess into question.  We won't hesitate to close this thread if it continues to require our constant attention. :shrug:

• Like 8

I agree in most parts Mike but...

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

why not set about correcting those errors and suggest ways to make the kit better

Some errors aren't easy to fix at all. The shape of the engine cowling is somewhat manageable with plastic card and putty but the incorrect number of engine cylinders is another story.

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

"it's as easy to make a good model as it is a poor one".  From an injection moulder's POV that's true, but not from a research and design POV.  That takes money, time and talent.

... and method. A number of kit producers send CAD exports for review before tooling is started. TrumpyBoss doesn't.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

This thread does seem to be somewhat divisive, and having been back to the hobby a little longer than Britmodeller has been around, I still don't understand why the "good enough" and the "has to be perfect" groups have to continually butt heads?  It's a waste of everyone's time, and after the faults have been found, perhaps instead of uttering those few words that say more about you than the model "they really didn't do a very good job with this one", why not set about correcting those errors and suggest ways to make the kit better, leaving point-scoring and snide comments behind?

• "it's as easy to make a good model as it is a poor one".  From an injection moulder's POV that's true, but not from a research and design POV.  That takes money, time and talent.
  • "It's 2mm too wide/long/tall".  Sure, and the glazing is a scale 6" thick.
  • "It just looks 'off' around the nose".  Could be many other reasons for that including error, lens distortion, spooky action at a distance, and poor perspective.  Remember the HKM Lanc with one wing that looked longer than the other in CAD?  The plastic was the same length.
  • "Why should I have to fix a model that I already paid for?".  Because model companies are staffed by people, and people are fallible.  If you don't have the skills or the motivation to do so, just keep your money in your pocket.
  • "It looks like an XXXXXX to me".  Great, so buy one, but don't force your opinion on others.  The same goes for the "didn't do a very good job" adherents.

There's loads more, but my memory has given up for the day, so get on with discussing the model without calling each other's parentage or educational prowess into question.  We won't hesitate to close this thread if it continues to require our constant attention. :shrug:

Well said, that Man

It's been a while since I have seen so many 'handbags at Dawn' (normally reserved for those over on Armchair Repetitive Complainers)

YOU have nailed it, Mike !  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

R2D resin engines...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/1369600573230691

R-2800 (early); multiple scales; 3D printed components. Also plan to release versions in our "Fast Fix" series which will only be 1-1/2 cylinder rows a/k/a engine "fronts" Of course, will also find its way into my B-26 build in 1/32.

107832551-1369599369897478-7827075673515

V.P.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New Resin2Detail dedicated detailing/upgrade sets

- ref.32053 - A-26 Invader Exhaust Stub Upgrade

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-a-26-invader-exhaust-stub-upgrade

32053.jpg

- ref. 32054 - A-26 Invader Control Column Upgrade

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-a-26-invader-control-column-upgrade

32054.jpg

- ref. 32055 -  A-26 Invader Pilot Seat Upgrade

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-a-26-invader-pilot-seat-upgrade

32055-2.jpg

- ref.32056 - Super-detailed Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Engine Upgrade Kit

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-super-detailed-pratt-whitney-r-2800-engine-upgrade-kit

32056.jpg

- ref. 32057 -  A-26 Invader Resin Oil Cooler Wing Intake Upgrade Set

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-a-26-invader-resin-oil-cooler-wing-intake-upgrade-set

32057.jpg

- ref. 32058 -  A-26 Invader Center Console Throttle Cockpit Upgrade

https://www.resin2detail.com/product-page/1-32-a-26-invader-center-console-throttle-cockpit-upgrade

32058.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas A-26B & C Invader by HobbyBoss - A-26B & C released - Resin2Detail detailing sets
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...

RESIN2detail

Source: https://www.facebook.com/RESIN2detail/posts/pfbid031xrWG2b4tZGFEF88HeAYXE9HLujwgaLy2EsuYZVhmYkaaHTNPbgbujEp6Ga9x66el

Well, May is going to be "A-26" month at RESIN2detail! I love the plane as I'm sure many of you do as well.

Here is a progress shot of the 1/32 wing root correction set in the works.

Rick Shanner or anyone else with extensive knowledge of the Invader, I'm looking to also correct the panel lines and openings, scoops, etc., on the Hobby Boss 1/32 kit.

If anyone has good shots or measurements of the panel lines, especially on the top of the plane, please let me know. Good pics are hard to come by.

Since the Hobby Boss kit had the wing too low on the fuselage, this set will raise the wing root to the correct height, provide new lengthened struts and correct the fillet shape and panel lines. Will make a big difference on the accuracy of the kit overall.

Many thanks to Kerry Brunner for his assistance with this!

There are other 1/32 A-26 releases being contemplated and developed in tandem with this set. More details will follow soon.

Let me know your thoughts!

279893047-1955531764637566-2598418777399

V.P.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Douglas A-26B & C Invader by HobbyBoss - released - Resin2Detail detailing sets
On 6/6/2021 at 10:22 PM, Alan P said:

Nice to see the 3D printed parts but unfortunately they don't ship to the UK 😭

I emailed them about that a few days ago. They're currently setting up the necessary tax compliancy to enable sales to the UK. In the meantime, I was told I can buy what I need from their eBay shop. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

I was told I can buy what I need from their eBay shop.

Yes, £52.61 for one engine plus 12.75 shipping plus approx £15/16 import duty. 2 of these and you could buy a 2nd kit. 24 been sold on ebay and must admit it it looks good in the pics, but price?

11 hours ago, colin ritchie said:

Wonderful that these upgrades exists - and a dammed shame they're needed in the first place 

Agree, and that's not considering the cost of all these sets in addition to the kit's price. When you've added them all you basically have a completely new kit.

Still, I'm happy that there are people who produce all these wonderful corrections so that we modellers have the choice to improve such kits if we want to.

Cheers

Markus

I have this kit, and all the add-on corrections, and will no doubt buy this new correction (in for a penny, in for a pound). I just wish now that someone would come out with the correct canopy, then I would be (mostly) happy.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I just wish now that someone would come out with the correct canopy, then I would be (mostly) happy.

100% this! I think @Ali62 is a good bet for this, but he's got a lot on these days, where does anyone get the time to produce this stuff 🙄

• Like 1

Hi Guys

This is a response I posted on a similar topic on LSP earlier today.

I have seen what resin2detail is proposing and obviously he is moving a lot quicker than I, well to be honest if I had pushed on it would have been completed by now. I wish him all the best with the project the way he is tackling it, and I never want to speak against another after market retailer or model producer, as each has their own ideas and need to generate sales.

One of the main reasons that I stalled on this project was the huge task and cost it would be. With all the things that need changing and correcting you would be buying the base kit for say at least £100.00 in the U.K. and then from that you may salvage the rear fuselage and tail, and a few other pieces!! Which makes it a very expensive way to get a rear fuselage.
The way that it stacks up in my book is that it would be more cost effective, and a better model would result from starting from scratch with an entirely new resin cast and 3D printed kit, along with brass u/c etc.

I have no idea of cost and or full implementation but would there be any interest in such a plan? 

• Like 2