Junkers Ju-87D-3 Stuka - 1:72 Matchbox

Hello everyone

Here is my Matchbox 1:72 Junkers Ju 87D-3 Stuka "T6+BH", of 1/SG2 "Immelmann", Luftwaffe, in the eastern front, in winter 1943-44, which I built back in 2006.

The Matchbox Stuka came with options to make a G or a D variant. My very first kit was one of these and, of course I built a hybrid putting both anti-tank guns and bombs! For my 200th kit I decided to have another but proper go at this kit which I had in the stash but clearly wanting to make the D variant in winter scheme. I soon discovered that the Matchbox kit is more of a G than a D!

The kit was built mostly OOB with some details added. I scratchbuilt some extra details for the cockpit but not too many as much wouldn't be seen. Major modifications covered replacing the single rear gun for a twin gun and adding the wing guns. I also added the wing landing light (Matchbox had it indicated on the wrong wing!). Finally, I reshaped the spinner making it longer and more pointed as it came too bulbous and short. The kit was fully painted with brush with only the final flat varnish being airbrushed. I found a photo of this machine and the white mottling was painted using it as a reference.

Thank you for looking and all comments are welcome as always
Miguel

EQ_RN-sRAapYRKFk9qM1ZtBbQ5oBo-HhW1Py6-n6

CbqtfTufzJF3LByYqTF2ZDdRm-GTNOTXs-5MQmZj

E1svjV0k_1EJH4KpEWOpI1QdCZihpFXU9c5L3o5N

YXLfnA-gXjV0vvVgLckVF05CNHbC9ugg84ll_EXY

_i8irXZ4ShRO8jdNfAyiYNaRPbN4Fq-FM_4IZYeP

pddL9kFs1WJfPWc3ZVJMEP0Ifyt0oHmEp-4yLL-4

2P8dMZpfAzBFQzQE9R-6rd1_fqt-V3gmlGFQbpTh

8CycsM6m6U2rhuGKT22-aCAKWjWkvZjvUyK56kR8

E7eO1I0TtSTyyBaLJ9wgykzrzYs16hNPvcWVhpk0

aNLCfZFIPt3ZMtfd89JUJj7kdBH4nOBl1c6tgGhT

Edited by Mig88
Error in text
  • Like 33

Thank you very much everyone for your wonderful comments.

Bringing these older kits to life regardless of faults and extra work involved can be a rewarding and/or satisfying experience.

Cheers

Miguel

Cool model! I can also remember building this kit sometime in the early 1990s. Of course the resulting model did not look as good as yours. In my case the white spots were just thicks blobs of white paint that gave the model a tactile texture.

• Thanks 1