Tamiya 1:48 F-117a Grey Dragon

Hi all,

Just finished this for the Lockheed GB, have been working on it for the last 3 months or so. Wanted to do something different with the F-117a, so not only did I do the two-tone Grey Dragon (trust me, there are two shades of grey on the model!) but I also found this pic:

spacer.png

so I decided to try to recreate the black lines/panels as well. Of course, I shouldn't be showing you this pic, as you can then just compare it to the model and see everything I did wrong!

Anyhow, it's a Tamiya kit, so an enjoyable build! Used some Eduard PE for the cockpit/canopy and TwoBob decals for the Grey Dragon scheme. Also made a little 'Ladder Guard' that I saw in a couple of pics. Hope you like it, but please do send any constructive criticism my way, it's the best way to learn. And sorry for posting so many pics. Thanks!

Kit: Tamiya F-117a Nighthawk
Scale: 1:48
Paint & Weathering: Airbrushed with Mr. Paint, Weathered with Pastels.
Extras: Eduard PE, TwoBobs Decals, little bits of scratch building

Build Log: Here

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 43

Thanks for all your kind comments!

Yep, personally I would have preferred the two greys to have more contrast, but like you say, it is more noticeable depending on the light, and I didn't capture it great in my pics...

Drat, I have a couple in the stash and I was quite happy to do them black, still going to do the one with the large skunk emblem on the underside, but the second one...:hmmm: perhaps not black....:hmmm: Your Grey Dragon looks most impressive. :goodjob:

• Like 1