A smashing little quick build, the hobbyboss  mi-17 kit in 1/72 built in the 80s front line asia gb,

It represents an afghan mi-17 from the soviet conflict, built oob exept for  some old  pe seatbelts from the spares box, btw, windscreen wipers to be painted when i get my new spectacles 😳

Cheers

MkZ8nA3.jpg

cayJBmf.jpg

2DTeLeo.jpg

b2Yg2wJ.jpg

gDXVcoe.jpg

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Awesome mate. very nice build indeed, so go on … what's next? 

😁 I've got a  72nd zvezda mi-24 hind already started in the same same gb, after that it'll be something long term ,steady ,with extras, still choosing atm though, 

Thanks dan glad you like it

1 minute ago, petetasker said:

'A smashing little quick build' - that looks awesome. Love the weathering. Wish I could do a 'quick build' as good as that!

Thanks pete its a testament to the kit not me , very easy and superb fit, In total time spent on it has been about 4 days , 

• Thanks 1

Absolutely amazing Hip, the weathering is splendidly done which shows how brutal the Afghanistan's weather can be to aircraft  operating in that country. 

Edited by Kampartiger
  • Thanks 1

I wondered where you had disappeared to Glynn. You're a man of many talents. Lovely job on the Hip.

John.

• Thanks 1

Absolutely superb Glynn!! Your modelling skills, whatever you decide to build, are truly awesome. As the others have said - it's hard to believe it's 1/72! Your painting and weathering are, once again, absolutely top drawer!! Very, very well done. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Four days? come work for me. Hard pressed to think it's 1/72.

Depends if you've  got any houses to build 😀

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

That's a little beauty! I love a Hip :). I love your model too!

Martin

Legs aint bad either,  thanks martin

51 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

I wondered where you had disappeared to Glynn. You're a man of many talents. Lovely job on the Hip.

John.

Master of none  john ,cheers

25 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely superb Glynn!! Your modelling skills, whatever you decide to build, are truly awesome. As the others have said - it's hard to believe it's 1/72! Your painting and weathering are, once again, absolutely top drawer!! Very, very well done. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Too kind by half stix , thanks pal

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Depends if you've  got any houses to build 😀

Legs aint bad either,  thanks martin

Master of none  john ,cheers

Too kind by half stix , thanks pal

Just renos.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Abandoned Project said:

Absolutely superb! Makes me want to start my Mi-26 and Mi-6 now.... and don't say do it

Well i would

• Like 1

Great stuff!

The Hobbyboss kit does capture the Hip's cockpit lines (it's "face" maybe?) quite nicely in comparison with older Zvezda kit.

Mike.

• Thanks 1

Photoshop that on to an 80's Afghan background and no one would be able to tell it is actually a model.  Excellent.

• Thanks 1