Degreasing a bare metal finish, pre varnish?

BikingLampy

I've just got to the end of painting a 1/72 Mustang, which is my first attempt at a "natural  metal" finish. It's come out alright so far, but its showing up some pretty obviuous greasy fingerprints that I'd like to lose before I gloss coat it for decaling.

The finish is all Vallejo acrylics - Model Air and Metal Colour

What will be the best solvent to use that will cut the grease, but not damage the paint; and applied how - whenever I've tried wiping a model down before, I usually end up with more lint left on it that I started with and getting rid of it is generally quite arduous.

(the next NMF finish will involve a pair of gloves...!)

Thanks all!

On 7/19/2019 at 2:21 PM, BikingLampy said:

I've just got to the end of painting a 1/72 Mustang, which is my first attempt at a "natural  metal" finish. It's come out alright so far, but its showing up some pretty obviuous greasy fingerprints that I'd like to lose before I gloss coat it for decaling.

The finish is all Vallejo acrylics - Model Air and Metal Colour

What will be the best solvent to use that will cut the grease, but not damage the paint; and applied how - whenever I've tried wiping a model down before, I usually end up with more lint left on it that I started with and getting rid of it is generally quite arduous.

(the next NMF finish will involve a pair of gloves...!)

Thanks all!

You mean like this?

01port1.JPG&key=5dc56368a4d4d24dcd712e55

Easy, wash with plain ol water with a lot of dishwash detergent. Then rinse with plain water with a a couple of drops of said in a liter ( breaks surface tension). Gently blow dry to prevent water marks using a hairdryer on cold setting and don't eat chips before decalling again Any solvent like IPA, acetone or lacquer thinner et all will take the paint off in milliseconds.

That is all