Mosquito B35 bulged bomb bay query.

Worms

Hello all, I've been searching the internet until square-eyed and have failed to find a definitive answer to a query I have.

I'm planning to build a B35 based on the 1/72 Tamiya B mk iv. I have acquired some later 2 stage nacelle fronts and am now after a cockpit canopy with bulged side windows and, bulged bomb bay doors.

I have noticed however that there appear to be two types of B series bulged bomb bays where the rear fairing is either, a smooth eliptical sweep back following the line of the doors as shown in some photos the Spartan Air Services machines

or, as in the B35 at Hendon which has a reduced box section tail fairing.

Does anybody know where, when, how, why these differences were made?

Spartan did away with the bulged bomb bay doors and replaced them with a solid insert so that would explain why photos of these would appear different than a factory B35.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 19/07/2019 at 15:46, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Hi,

Hendon's has been modified to a TT.35. The truncations are where the towed target cables were reeled from. HTH

Ah, thanks Jamie, that explains that then, thanks very much for clearing up that one 👍

On 20/07/2019 at 04:32, Crimea River said:

Spartan did away with the bulged bomb bay doors and replaced them with a solid insert so that would explain why photos of these would appear different than a factory B35.

Another clarification, brilliant, thanks a lot 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know where I might get hold of the Pavla resin bomb bay detail kit for the Tamiya 1/72 B mk iv Mossie?

I've not had any luck finding one by Googling!

2 hours ago, Worms said:

Does anybody know where I might get hold of the Pavla resin bomb bay detail kit for the Tamiya 1/72 B mk iv Mossie?

I've not had any luck finding one by Googling!

I got one off eBay with a 1/72 Tamiya Mosquito Mk.IV but the only other places I saw them was an eBay seller who doesn’t have them anymore and Hannants which is also out of stock.

• Thanks 1