Westland Wessex.XXXXFinishedXXXX

stevej60

On 27/07/2019 at 22:07, Rabbit Leader said:

Now how sweet does that look Steve? I'm very impressed with this and am almost tempted to look for a Frog kit rather than tackle a later Italeri offering when I decide to add a Wessex to my collection. Wonderful stuff. 

Cheers.. Dave

With  due respect to Frog Dave the Italeri offering would be my choice for a state of the art build,that said this kit has surprised me with how nice it

is after all the sanding etc.

• Like 1

Hi folk's onward and upward at least with this one! detail painting started just the framework to tidy with a cocktail stick.

I need to fill the glazing to blend it in once glued but it's getting there.

20190730_110626

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

• 2 weeks later...

Ho folk's with the repairs done to the wheel assembly after the lamp incident I've done all I can to make the canopy presentable so

time to fit it and fill in the gap,the bit I've been dreading is the large filter on the nose,Frog supply a strange small piece of clear plastic

for the centre but I've filled half of the intake and painting it,then I'll try a bit of mesh and frame it with evergreen strip.

20190809_110813

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Hi Folks,well would you believe the compressor fell off the bench onto the floor hit the box this was on flipped her over and for the second

time both wheel assemblies broke off and the tailwheel so before a third accident befalls her I put everything on that was missing repaired the

damage and took the photos! She's in the gallery thank the Lord.

20190811_210157

• Like 6
  • Sad 4

On 7/27/2019 at 10:07 PM, Rabbit Leader said:

Now how sweet does that look Steve? I'm very impressed with this and am almost tempted to look for a Frog kit rather than tackle a later Italeri offering when I decide to add a Wessex to my collection. Wonderful stuff. 

Cheers.. Dave

On 7/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, AdrianMF said:

It’s a lovely kit. I had a crack at one a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I think it’s still the most accurate one in 1/72. Looking forward to your build.

Regards,

Adrian

A guy in our local club is a bit of a Wessex expert. He has several Frog and Frog spawn kits which he also rates over the Italeri.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, stevej60 said:

Hi Folks,well would you believe the compressor fell off the bench onto the floor hit the box this was on flipped her over and for the second

time both wheel assemblies broke off and the tailwheel so before a third accident befalls her I put everything on that was missing repaired the

damage and took the photos! She's in the gallery thank the Lord.

Sounds like you are really suffering recently. I hope things improve soon...like from now! That's a beautiful model and well worth the hassle.

BTW while unable to build recently I took he opportunity to clean up and rearrange my model-making space. I highly recommend it :D

• Like 1