Westland Wessex.XXXXFinishedXXXX

stevej60

Hi folk's yes I know another build to come I have no excuse other than if I don't build them in a GB I never would build them! Decal's permitting I plan the 

Royal Australian Navy scheme,

Frog F247 Wessexgd

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Standby for gushing praise from @Rabbit Leader

"Oh Steve you're building the Aussie one, that's my favourite  😘 !"

Blooming crawler 😉

Nice selection Steve, I was just thinking that we need another Aussie build and ‘bang’ just like that one appears.

Have I ever mentioned that the Aussie version is my favourite?? Looks really nice dressed up those Blue & White Scottish colours. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Nice selection Steve, I was just thinking that we need another Aussie build and ‘bang’ just like that one appears.

Like busses Dave I've not built an Aussie subject since Airfix's Boomerang when it was new but I've just started an Aermacchi 326 in the Asia GB

in Roulettes colours now this when it arrives.

6 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Like busses Dave I've not built an Aussie subject since Airfix's Boomerang when it was new but I've just started an Aermacchi 326 in the Asia GB

in Roulettes colours now this when it arrives.

Nice, I kinda get confused where we sit in this spherical world of ours, Australia qualifies it’s way into the FIFA World Cup via Asian qualifiers, then for some reason we seem to get invited to Eurovision each year of late... mind you, we are probably more popular in this song fest than what the UK is at the moment! 

Cheers and as always nice choices.. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hi folk's,kit arrived quite a size too,all looks well not a bad molding for it's age should be a quickish build.Decals a bit poor well pop them on the 

window for a few days then see if I need to scrounge a sheet!

20190722_114337

• Like 5

Morning all,well so much for one kit at a time I was just moving on the lynx a stage and next thing I'm cutting plastic on this one,the cockpit

is a floor,bulkhead and two seat's which given the fair sized glazing needed some extras.scrap sprue and an old Panel were cut and fitted

and the "sticks" were Sabre pitot tube cut up and the ends nipped flat.

Edit.meant to ask are these Aussie choppers White over (Navy)blue?

20190723_104935

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

32 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Edit.meant to ask are these Aussie choppers White over (Navy)blue?

White over Oxford Blue (BS 105) to be exact Steve. Humbrol Hu104 is touted as Oxford Blue, however it’s quite dull to my liking and is better served by other manufacturers. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

White over Oxford Blue (BS 105) to be exact Steve. Humbrol Hu104 is touted as Oxford Blue, however it’s quite dull to my liking and is better served by other manufacturers. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Than's Dave,I tend to use Tamiya paint's I think there's a blue I can tinker with which will do for the S6 too.

• Like 1

Hi folk's last couple of days progress,quite happy with the painting a little tidying of the white forward of the cockpit needed as the photo has

shown up.Hoovered up the mountain of shavings of the floor! Just used Tamiya blue reasonable match,funny profiles and built models show

a variation of Navy blues but real photos to me show a much brighter blue.base colours on blades painted including light below and dark gray

upper.Got to also round off the white in front of the tail the tape wouldn't bend that tight!

IMG-20190725-WA0000

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 14

That looks fantastic Steve and I think your Tamiya Blue has turned out to be an excellent match. What Tamiya paint number have you used? It could be a good brush touch up for my Oxford Blue Sea Fury I’m decaling at the moment. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

What Tamiya paint number have you used?

It's XF-8 flat blue Dave,I left it as is remembering it will darken a shade under gloss,a touch of white added and it'll do for the S6 too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi folk's not a lot of time today but a gloss coat this morning and just applied the decals kindly sent by TonyW,started the painting of the glazing.

Had a few curses but finally got the rounding off of the white in front of the tailboom.

20190727_184220

• Like 9

Now how sweet does that look Steve? I'm very impressed with this and am almost tempted to look for a Frog kit rather than tackle a later Italeri offering when I decide to add a Wessex to my collection. Wonderful stuff. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2