Australian F-111 1/48 build Hobbyboss.

38 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Take care if the pylons!

Looks they are angled up strangely....

That's my fault I think, because I had to cut the plastic in order to have the wings swept, really don't know why it's not an option in the kit for something that's definitely not on the cheap end of the scale. If you see the wings on mine they actually droop lower than the horizontal stabilizers. I never realised this until I have secured the wings damn it. 

• Sad 1

Take the off again, remove some material on the upper rear until it looks better...

Pointing upwards ordnance is what you'd probably want to avoid...

tumblr_pynkpgv17u1u0jra3o1_1280.jpg

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

Take the off againm remove some material on the uppwr rear until it looks better...

Pointing upwards ordnance is what you'd probably want to avoid...

tumblr_pynkpgv17u1u0jra3o1_1280.jpg

Too late for this man it's already finished but next time I'll get it right.

• Like 2

Deano,

Looks great despite the bad angle of the pylons.

A few pages or posts back I was seeing on the internet that many web sights had showed the FB-111A had a longer fuselage than the other models. Where those sites got there information is of course unknown. I can tell you for sure that there is not any length difference between the models. Got back last night from a weekend at the Wings Over The Rockies and the 25th anniversary of Lowry AFB closing. So the only difference between any of the models are the wings. Except for the F-111B which has a short nose.

IMG_4376

Here are 3 swing wing beauties.

IMG_4383

The museum may have in the future another swing wing aircraft. A MIG-23 or MIG-27. I've seen the wings and aft engine cowl.

Ron VanDerwarker