1/72 resin trucks by Hobby Den

KRK4m

There's a certain Irish company called Hobby Den - they run a model shop in Dublin and manufacture a wide (>100 items) range of 1/72 resin-cast vehicles. Some of them are strictly military ones like the T-72, Patton and Centurion, but many others are civilian machines - Jeeps, Land Rovers, Toyotas, Mercedes' a.s.o. And there are two truck kits (HD 20 and HD25) I'm unable to identify - a 3-axle tipper and a 4-axle lorry featuring the same forward cab with full-width grille (with some circular emblem in the centre) and quad-headlamps in the front bumper. 

http://www.thehobbyden.com/product_info.php?cPath=57_61_127&products_id=585

http://www.thehobbyden.com/product_info.php?cPath=57_61_127&products_id=590

Having examined all the post-1965 ranges of AEC, Albion, Bedford, Dennis, Dodge (UK), ERF, Foden, Ford (UK), Guy, Leyland, Scammell and Seddon-Atkinson I became forced to penetrate the Continental truck market too - with no results from Fiat, Iveco, MAN, Mercedes, Pegaso, Renault, Scania, Unic and Volvo.

Does anybody here have any idea about the actual prototype of these two kits?

Cheers

Michael

I think the clue is in the word "generic" used to describe the kit. It is representative of the type and not of any one particular manufacturer.

I can see suggestions of Leyland, ERF, MAN, Fiat and Pegaso in the model, so in other words it is a good generic model.

Chris

Edited by Tankerman
  • Haha 1

Thank you, Chris...

After some deeper studies I have almost sticked to the 80/90s MAN family.

But F8 usually has square door glazing (with no bottom kink) and this "thin" bumper, while F90 features a door window kink, but the bumper is usually deeper.

And yesterday (SIC!) at the neighbouring construction site I have seen some 32.322 with kinked window and thin bumper :)

Only this circular logo in the middle of the grille is totally misleading, making "generic" really the most suitable term to use for.

Cheers

Michael