1/32 - Curtiss SB2C Helldiver by Infinity Models - released- new SB2C-4 boxing released & new cockpit from RESIN2detail

Homebee

Fly is reported working (with HPH new brand Infinity Models) on a 1/32nd Curtiss SB2C Helldiver kit - ref. INF3201

Sources: 

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/81161-sb2c/&do=findComment&comment=1142236

https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105045&start=2550

First sprue picture

i-k-BFfs5b-XL.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LanceB said:

It would be a lowdown dirty shame if there was no open bomb bay option - but the doors are obviously molded shut, as per that picture.

It was deemed probably too complex for a limited run mould. 

1 hour ago, AmaruTG said:

It was deemed probably too complex for a limited run mould. 

Well if they cannot mold the bomb bay they aren't going to be able to mold the cockpits or gear bays, any of which are more complex than the bomb bay.  Which would mean they are going to need resin (and I would bet they have already decided to use resin bits for the cockpit).  So, it just comes down to cost.  If there is no bomb bay, the only reason would be to keep the final price down - but leaving the bay out (if, indeed that is the plan) seems like such a waste considering the scale.

22 hours ago, LanceB said:

Well if they cannot mold the bomb bay they aren't going to be able to mold the cockpits or gear bays, any of which are more complex than the bomb bay.  Which would mean they are going to need resin (and I would bet they have already decided to use resin bits for the cockpit).  So, it just comes down to cost.  If there is no bomb bay, the only reason would be to keep the final price down - but leaving the bay out (if, indeed that is the plan) seems like such a waste considering the scale.

Yeah, that too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get through the pre order page and am waiting for a reply.

Cheers

Dennis

Edit: just read the above post more closely, will hang fire then

• 1 month later...