Looking for 1/48 CBI Spitfire decals

Spitfires Forever

Hello gentlemen

I know its been a while since I was last on this site, it's great to be back on and 

I am ready to build a Spitfire after my long hiatus. I am planning on building the Hasegawa CBI  Mk VIIII (I know some of you are thinking "why build that kit when there is the Eduard kit", well I got about ten of them from way before Eduard made their excellent Mk XI) and found that the decals were atrocious, I mean Academy and ERTL decals are better than what Hasegawa put in the kit. I expected more from them but it could have been a bad batch, regardless, where is the quality control, but I digress. That all being said, can anyone recommend some good quality decals for a CBI Spitfire Mk VIII? And, does anyone make a good set for the Mk XIV FR? Thanks for your time guys.

Cheers

Spitfire Addict

Also try Xtradecals sheet X48-129, which has two SEAC options - UM-C of 152 Sqn and KW-R of 615 Sqn. 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48129

I used the first option to produce this with that same kit:

If you want the other option, PM me your mailing address and Ill stick them in the mail to you. 

If you can find it, Kagero Topcolors volume on the Spitfire VIII included a number of options for SEAC aircraft, all covered in the 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32. The problem is that the sheet does not include stencils or national markings.

There's another problem with this sheet... the markings are designed based on the size used on the actual machines, but the Hasegawa rear fuselage is a tad short, so you have to squeeze all the codes closer to make them fit on the fuselage.

On 7/18/2019 at 11:10 PM, bobmig said:

Our "Spitfires Over India" sheet has several Mk VIIIs, including Frank Carey's 'lightning bolt' aircraft.

indianspits.jpg

They are by all means excellent. Highly recommended