Hello from a former lurker

Boneychest

Hi, I've been reading through a lot of the WIP posts on here and am in awe of the quality of the workmanship. It's been something like 40 years since I last built a model aircaraft; now I have two Javelin T3s, a Javelin FAW9, two Victor K2s (Airfix & Revell), a Jaguar T4, and a Shackleton AEW all waiting to be started, but first I have a hangar to build. I discovered the site while googling for information about 'C' type hangars and found a couple of threads on here of 1/48 scale blister type hangars, from there I started looking at builds of all the aircraft types that I have in boxes on top of the wardrobe.

So my hangar is my first priority and has all been drawn up on CAD, most of the parts have been laser cut and I have started to put it together. I'll add a post once I figure out where it should go - Aircraft (as the two others that I found are) or Dioramas.

I'm ex RAF (demobbed 2002) and my main interest is in British Cold War aircraft. Apart from the Javelin (which I loved seeing as a young boy), all the models I want to build are of aircraft that I have worked on at some time.

Thank you all for your inspirational posts on here.

Tony

• Like 1