Zvezda 172nd scale Su-25 Frogfoot, 378 OShAP, VVS, USSR, Bagram, Afghanistan, 1986...

Big update...almost finished with this one.  I have applied the decals, let them dry and then painted on the lacquer so I can weather this baby.  Once the acrylic was dry, I went in with FloryWash Grime and sand and then some pin washing with oils.  First, the decals...

spacer.png

Then the dirt, etc...just a shot of the underside...

spacer.png

Then a topside and beneath, post dirt removal...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Undercarriage assembled...sans wheels at this point.  Attaching the rear gear to the bay door could be better, but it worked with a little finesse. Here is nothing really to attach the support strut to, except a gluey spot.

spacer.png

Access ladder and step...

spacer.png

Pitot and radar antennae.  If I build one of these again I will definitely use aftermarket metal pieces for this.  They are so thin and it is very difficult to really clean them up properly without breaking them.

spacer.png

So what's left...really only the fireworks, the rear wheels and the open canopy.  I'll tuck into the Bronco (and maybe the Duck too!) later today methinks!

--John

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hook said:

Czechoslovakian Frogfeet

Thanks Hook.  

I'd like to see pictures of those.  Like all Soviet hardware, regardless of size or purpose, it seems that everyone except NATO members used them--all over Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia...The list is enormous.  I am also impressed by how long these have been in active service.  They just keep on upgrading the parts.  A superb platform for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Good job even getting the pitot and other antennae on, I usually break mine just removing them from the sprue!

Indeed. Just try getting the delicate underwing fairings of ICM's 1/72nd recce MiG-25  off the sprue in one piece..!

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1