Freeing glues parts

Night Owl

Hi all, I have applied Tamiya's extra thin cement to the light machine gun mount on a Meng M3A3 Bradley securing it to the main gun. After it had set I discovered that the whole gun mount that is supposed to move up and down was locked in a permanent elevated position. I think some glue has seeped out and dried in an unwanted location. If I can locate the culprit what can I use to break the bond? I saw a suggestion on Google for nail polish remover that sounds a bit strong if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate the help.

Thanks

Dave

I imagine the extra thin will actually have melted the 2 parts together making them effectively one piece. The pin will presumably be the weakest part and will probably break first so maybe you could make a new pin, clean up the other part etc, normal cock up stuff in my world sadly. Do one job make 2 more.......

Edited by modelmaker
spelling

Before you apply any chemicals, I suggest you put the joined parts in a freezer.

After 24 hours, take them out and gently manipulate the parts around the plane of the join. At least 6 times out of 10, I have found that the parts separate fairly cleanly.