North East Land Air and Sea Museums

Adam Poultney

After visiting the NESLAM recently, I was thinking that they have quite a substantial collection to make a really good museum. It's already brilliant, but in need of a huge cash injection to restore a lot of the aircraft there.

If there was another hanger, keet the Vulcan indoors, put the Trident back together and they moved around a few things around, they could have something truly amazing. 

Discuss

• Like 2

Agree wholeheartedly Adam I'm ten minutes away and try and visit at least a half dozen times a year there's rarely a crowd there and nothing nicer than

sitting in the main hanger in the quiet amongst the exhibit's.The Vulcan needs nose weight as it assumed take off position after a heavy snowfall a few

years back,the Trident is in bit's, a cash injection is needed as aviation wise we're a bit of a wasteland up here, It really needs a Spitfire or Hurricane (yea I know)

to bring more folk in.You will have seen they are expanding into more general transport and house a small collection of Military vehicles from the North East

military vehicle club which lost it's home in Newcastle years ago,as you say a massive cash injection and a masterplan to make it a true Transport museum

is needed look how it works along the road at the Beamish museum!

• Like 1