Revell 1:144 A321 Austrian Airlines Millennium

Here I present my Airbus A321. Austrian Airlines painted this Aircraft in 1996 with a lot of famous Austrians to celebrate the nation's Millennium, 1000 years Birthday.

The model is OoB. I built this model a couple of years ago. At that time I didn't bother about the Winglets being too small and now I am too busy Building new models to alter the old ones.

I was very proud having managed to get the very large decals aligned without accident.

The Quality of the Revell decals helped a lot with that.

Before one of you mentions it....I didn't know then that Authentic Airliner or Authentic decals existed….;-)

The 321 requires less work than building a Revell 319 or 320 because the wing can be used as is. The other variants need some alteration on the small flaps.

Mozart is on the tail. A friend of mine succeeded in finding out all the other names, too, but I can't find the note any more. So, ist your turn!

I hope You like it!

Cheers,

Norbert

PS: Any comment is appreciated, also if you native Speakers notice something with my english that sounds unusual to you. I still wanna learn. (I know…"wanna" is an Americanism…)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 14

And the other side:

btw, Mozart is a famous Danish Composer! At least that is what Victor Borge claimed in one of his Shows....if you like funny stuff combined with piano Music, he is the one to watch on YouTube. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

Hi Norbert,

Very nice A321! Beautiful paint finish, what paints do you use?

I'm glad you had no problems with the large decals because I'm building one of these at the moment and am quite close to the decalling stage. My wife has been nagging me to do this particular aircraft for years because she loves anything Austrian and this decal caught her eye on my decal collection.

The fuselage decoration is so busy that I don't think it matters that AA windows weren't used.

It's good to see you used the correct engines, I seem to remember my kit came with IAE V2500's and I've seen more than one finished model with the wrong ones fitted!

I only recognise a few of the famous Austrians, strange that Niki Lauda isn't on there though.

Cheers,

Ian

Ps I can't fault your English it's difficult to tell it's not your mother tongue.

Edited by Turbofan

Hi Ian,

thank you for the nice comment.

The trick working with large decals is using enough water on the Surface and to slide the decals as Little as possible. 

Regarding the correct engines, I Always start with Looking at as many Pictures of the original Aircraft as i can find. So hopefully one should notice if something is wrong.

Normally I use Tamiya for the White and Revell Aqua Colours for the rest. It Always worked well.

Maybe Niki Lauda was a competitor with Lauda Air at that time, who knows...

Cheers,

Norbert

4 hours ago, NorbertBu said:

Mozart is on the tail. A friend of mine succeeded in finding out all the other names, too, but I can't find the note any more.

Good evening,

Here's a clue :

Franz Grillparzer, Karl Schranz, Toni Sailer, Billy Wilder, Friedensreich Hunderwasser, Romy Schneider, Thomas Muster, Herbert von Karajan, Annemarie Moser-Pröll, Konrad Lorenz, Andi Goldberger, Oskar Werner, Egon Schiele, Siegmund Freud, Johann Strauß, Berta von Suttner, Joseph Haydn, Kaiserin Maria Theresia, Franz Schubert, Kaiserin Elisabeth (Sissy), Kaiser Franz Josef I, Rudolph IV, Walther von der Vogelweide und Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/18-flugzeuge-zivil/1134-airbus-a321-revell.html

Cheers.

AV O

Edited by AV O
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Norbert

Thanks for sharing another excellent model. I flew VIE-LHR on OE-LBB in that scheme. I think it was in the summer of 1998.

My sister's husband is from Salzburg and when this scheme appeared we challenged him to name all the Austrians. He got either eighteen or nineteen which was pretty good.

Don't worry about your English which is a lot better than my German! With me it's very much a case of "Ich lese und verstehe besser als ich spreche".

Dave G

• Thanks 1

Hi Norbert, Thats a really nice build,I think you would call that a really hectic livery, great job.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Cheers Michael.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AV O said:

Good evening,

Here's a clue :

Franz Grillparzer, Karl Schranz, Toni Sailer, Billy Wilder, Friedensreich Hunderwasser, Romy Schneider, Thomas Muster, Herbert von Karajan, Annemarie Moser-Pröll, Konrad Lorenz, Andi Goldberger, Oskar Werner, Egon Schiele, Siegmund Freud, Johann Strauß, Berta von Suttner, Joseph Haydn, Kaiserin Maria Theresia, Franz Schubert, Kaiserin Elisabeth (Sissy), Kaiser Franz Josef I, Rudolph IV, Walther von der Vogelweide und Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

http://www.modellversium.de/galerie/18-flugzeuge-zivil/1134-airbus-a321-revell.html

Cheers.

AV O

What, no Arnold Schwarzenegger?

• Haha 1