Liquid Glass.

Freecloud

Well...., I've recently started a P51 Mustang build 1/48 scale & going to do Roscoe Browns 'Red Tail'. Not built a model aircraft since I was a kid & boy, how things have changed during my absence. Not going too bad, a few hiccups here & there. One bad spot was the small 'chip' I somehow got on the front canopy window  grrrrr. Anyway,  I thought I'd tryout something that card makers use for rain drops on flowers called Liquid Glass. As soon as I received it, I made a small 'teardrop' on some paper. It was not unlike pva at first...., then it dried hard & clear like glass. 

Carefully, I made another small drop on paper & even more carefully, I used a cocktail stick & gently applied some of the liquid to the 'chip'. When it dried, it looked way better. Of course, a small difference can be seen but it's so much better now than the horrible chip that was there before. The one I used was called DecoArt Media Liquid Glass. I Hope this helps anyone who falls fowl this curse. Regards to all. 😀

• Like 2

£6 for a bottle from Amazon, but I bet someone is going to come up with other uses such as for creating the lenses of lights, wingtip bubble lights etc. :hmmm:

• Thanks 1