1/72 - Dassault Mirage 2000 family by Modelsvit - M2000C/-5F/D released - new M2000C boxing in April 2024

Homebee

Modelsvit is working on a 1/72nd Dassault Mirage 2000 family.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/modelsvit/photos/a.1859368940998815/2393286317607072/

Dear Fellows,
Following your requests, We're glad to announce that designing process of Mirage 2000 (1/72 scale) is under way...

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

Good news. Pity it always seems to take so long for a manufacturer to get round to the Dassault delta family.

Hopefully they will release the whole range of M2000 with all their subtle differences. It may well say that on faceache but I don't use it.

Jeff

This is great news. The Mirage 2000 is a gorgeous aircraft and probably the worst represented 4th gen fighter out there. The old Italeri kit just doesn't cut it anymore.

I hope they don't turn it into a rivet-fest though in light of their other kits...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phantome said:

The old Italeri kit just doesn't cut it anymore.

Shapewise, the Heller kits beat the Italeri hands down. Like their B-58 kit, Italeri's Deux Mille kit suffers from a mixup of length with and without pitot tube, throwing off the entire shape.

Let's see some Modelsvit Mirage magic!

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:18 AM, Hook said:

Shapewise, the Heller kits beat the Italeri hands down. Like their B-58 kit, Italeri's Deux Mille kit suffers from a mixup of length with and without pitot tube, throwing off the entire shape.

Cheers,

Andre

Indeed, and unlike the Hustler, since the probe length relative to the overall dimension is significant, the error in the Italeri kit is really obvious - even before knowing what was wrong with the Mirage, I could tell something was "off."

Here's hoping Modelsvit continues their record for improving over the competition.

Hmmmm, 🤔 the ejection seat and engine for the Mirage 2000 have already been made, as I assume. 😁

Probably they will be the same as the Mirage 4000?

😉

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 15/07/2019 at 11:17, pinky coffeeboat said:

Hopefully they will release the whole range of M2000 with all their subtle differences.

Yes please but only if...

On 15/07/2019 at 12:02, Phantome said:

I hope they don't turn it into a rivet-fest though in light of their other kits...

Let's live in hope!  The Mirage family is smooth, not a divot in sight!  Please Modelsvit, don't cover the 2000 in holes like you did your IIIE (which I understand won't be present on the revised kit thank goodness)!

On 15/07/2019 at 12:07, Laurent said:

God exists !

Agreed!!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 4

On 7/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, Hook said:

Cheers,

Andre

Yes, and that has always been the unholy tradeoff in Mirage 2000 kits: the accurate but antiquated Heller or the inaccurate but slightly better surface detail (still way less than stellar) Italeri.

6 hours ago, Phantome said:

Yes, and that has always been the unholy tradeoff in Mirage 2000 kits: the accurate but antiquated Heller or the inaccurate but slightly better surface detail (still way less than stellar) Italeri.

I prefer rescribing the Heller to the Italeri. Once you notice the wing sweep error and the stretched look of the latter, it cannot be unseen. 

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, Hook said:

I prefer rescribing the Heller to the Italeri. Once you notice the wing sweep error and the stretched look of the latter, it cannot be unseen. 

Cheers,

Andre

Exactly - the wing sweep is wrong and coupled with the elongated fuselage, the whole model "looks" kind of like a Mirage 2000 but just weirdly proportioned.

Jeff 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been hoping for years for a new tool M2000, and looks like somebody is finally doing one. I'm hoping that when the kit is released we'll see some fresh decals as well. Cheers!

Hoops

6 hours ago, Glen said:

Is it just the italeri 1/72 kit that is affected or is their 1/48 version similarly afflicted?

AFAIK Italeri's 1/48th 2000C kit is based on the earlier Esci one.

HTH,

Andre

16 hours ago, Hook said:

AFAIK Italeri's 1/48th 2000C kit is based on the earlier Esci one.

HTH,

Andre

But is that good or bad? AFAIK, Esci's 1/48 line didn't  quite have a good reputation in general, while some of their 1/72 kits became the industry standard (F-5, F-100,...). Even then, some of their 1/72 offerings were quite bad too (Crusader, Mirage F-1, ...).

Apparently, it all depended on who made the moulds, as they always outsourced that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by ivand

9 hours ago, ivand said:

But is that good or bad? AFAIK, Esci's 1/48 line didn't  quite have a good reputation in general, while some of their 1/72 kits became the industry standard (F-5, F-100,...). Even then, some of their 1/72 offerings were quite bad too (Crusader, Mirage F-1, ...).

Apparently, it all depended on who made the moulds, as they always outsourced that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I can't speak for the quality of the kit because I haven't seen one however, I do know it was based upon the early prototypes.

On 17/07/2019 at 16:59, Hook said:

Once you notice the wing sweep error and the stretched look of the latter, it cannot be unseen. 

Cheers,

Andre

THIS.

i have one italeri kit in the stash, but just looks wrong...so cant wait for a new tool! K though  though fo using italeri to tidy up some of the chunky heller parts

• 4 weeks later...

So, my only misgiving about this kit (besides the possibility of it being a rivet-fest), is price. Modelsvit is not exactly known for its competitive prices and if this kit is going to cost £30 or more, it's going to put off a lot of modelers...

• Like 2

• 6 months later...